- You are here:
- People Operations Specialist
- Responsible for the day to day administration of People Operations and assisting team members with their People Operations questions.
- Assist the Chief Culture Officer with the implementation of programs aligned with the strategic direction of the organization.
- Coordinate with our payroll and benefits providers, and using our People Ops Information System and ATS; currently BambooHR and Lever.
- Create People Operations processes and strategies following the GitLab workflow, with the goal always being to make things easier from the perspective of the team members.
- Keep it efficient and DRY.
- Provide assistance to the team with miscellaneous support tasks.
- Suggest and implement improvements to People Operations policies, processes and procedures.
- Help write job descriptions and promotion criteria.
- Maintain our HRIS system, ensuring Data Integrity and alignment with all ancillary systems, such as Grovo and Finance.
- Prior extensive experience in an HR or People Operations role
- Clear understanding of HR laws in one or multiple countries where GitLab is active
- Ability to work strange hours when needed (for example, to call an embassy in a different continent)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Enthusiasm for, and broad experience with, software tools
- Proven experience quickly learning new software tools
- Willing to work with git and GitLab whenever possible
- Willing to make People Operations as open and transparent as possible
- Wanting to work for a fast moving startup
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values
- The ability to work in a fast paced environment with strong attention to detail is essential.
- Successful completion of a background check.
Please note that if we are actively hiring for a position, you will see it listed on our jobs page, where all of our current openings are advertised. To apply, please click on the name of the role you are interested in, which will take you to our applicant tracking system (ATS), Lever.
Avoid the confidence gap; you do not have to match all the listed requirements exactly to apply. Our hiring process is described in more detail in our hiring handbook.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is a community project to which over 1,000 people worldwide have contributed. We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom, efficiency, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality, work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks like? Check out our remote manifesto.