- You are here:
- Performance Lead
As the Performance Lead, you will take overall responsibility for making sure that GitLab the application and GitLab.com runs fast at scale. This position will report to the Backend Director.
- Build and lead the team of Performance Engineers by actively seeking and hiring globally-distributed talent
- Identify and prioritize the most critical performance issues from various sources (e.g. database, filesystem, etc.)
- Work with team to propose new architecture designs to support 10x of the current scale
- Lead team meetings, conduct 1:1's, and continuously improve the onboarding and training process/experience.
- Drive the improvement of performance monitoring and alerting
- Identify ways to load test and stress application stack
- Educate all team members on best practices relating to performance
- Lead development of tools/abstractions that aid backend developers
- Handle inbound requests for performance issues
- 5 years or more experience in a leadership role
- Demonstratable experience optimizing performance in a production application used by millions of people
- In-depth experience with Ruby on Rails, Go, and/or git
- Excellent spoken and written English
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values
- A technical interview is part of the hiring process for this position.
- A customer scenario interview is part of the hiring process for this position.
NOTE In the compensation calculator below, fill in "Lead" in the
Level field for this role.