- You are here:
- Product Manager, CI/CD Pipelines
We're looking for product managers that can help us work on the future of developer tools. Specifically, building out continuous integration (CI), continuous delivery (CD), and beyond.
We believe developers deserve an intuitive, integrated solution that covers the entire software development lifecycle. We believe running tests is just the beginning of automation. We believe deploying your code should be automated and repeatable, and most of all, easy. We believe in pushing the boundaries of best-practices, and bringing these to every developer, so that doing the right thing is also the easy, default way of working.
We know there are a million things we can and want to improve about GitLab CI. It'll be your job to work out what we are going to do and how.
We work in quite a unique way at GitLab, where lots of flexibility and independence is mixed with a high paced, pragmatic way of working. And everything we do is in the open.
We recommend looking at our primer to get started.
- Build an attractive roadmap together with the Head of Product, based on our vision
- Work out feature proposals from the community and customers
- Manage new features from conception to market
- Work together with UX and Frontend engineers
- Ensure a smooth release of changes and features together with all stakeholders
- Empower the community by writing great documentation and highlighting the product in various ways in cooperation with marketing
- Find the weak spots of GitLab CI and execute plans to improve them
- Work together with other stakeholders on scheduling and executing releases
You are not (solely) responsible for
- Shipping in time. As a PM you are part of a team that delivers a change, the team is responsible for shipping in time, not you.
- A team of engineers. PMs at GitLab do not manage people, they manage the product. You'll be required to take the lead in decisions about the product, but it's not your role to manage the people that build the product.
- Capacity and availability planning. You will work together with engineering managers on schedules and planning: you prioritize, the engineering managers determine how much can be scheduled.
- Experience in product management
- Strong understanding of Git and Git workflows
- Strong understanding of CI/CD
- Understanding of deployment infrastructure and container technologies
- Knowledge of the developer tool space
- Strong technically. You understand how software is built, packaged and deployed.
- Passion for design and usability
- Highly independent and pragmatic
- You are living wherever you want
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
- Bonus points: experience with GitLab
- Bonus points: experience in working with open source projects
Applicants for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that applicants can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find her/his job title on our team page.
- Selected candidates will be invited to schedule a screening call with our Global Recruiters
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a first interview with our Head of Product
- Candidates will then be invited to schedule an interview with the CI Lead
- Candidates will be invited to schedule a third interview with our VP of Engineering
- Finally, candidates will interview with our CEO
- Successful candidates will subsequently be made an offer via email
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.