- You are here:
- Product Marketing Manager: Enterprise Specialist
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is a community project to which over 1,000 people worldwide have contributed. We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom, efficiency, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality, work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
Please note that if we are actively hiring for a position, you will see it listed on our jobs page, where all of our current openings are advertised. To apply, please click on the name of the role you are interested in, which will take you to our applicant tracking system (ATS), Lever.
Do you have experience uncovering a product's core benefits, marketing to an enterprise buyer, or navigating a sales process? Product marketers are at the intersection of all teams. GitLab is looking for a collaborative and process-driven product marketer to help craft our enterprise story, align to our sales process, and deliver effective go-to-market and sustain campaigns.
The Product Marketing Manager role includes 4 key areas of focus:
- Enterprise-focused product messaging
- Enterprise-focused GTM
- Sales enablement
- Market research
- Conduct market research to understand buyer personas, competitive landscape, and other data to help influence marketing, sales, and product decisions.
- Own sales enablement materials and training.
- Work with product and engineering to craft the enterprise story for new and existing features.
- Work with sales, demand generation, and content marketing to create content and campaigns that is geared to our enterprise audience.
- Help technical writing and engineering to create documentation that address audience needs.
- Technical background or clear understanding of developer products.
- 3-5 years of experience in product marketing, preferably with experience in marketing to enterprise companies.
- Able to coordinate across many teams and perform in fast-moving startup environment.
- Excellent spoken and written English
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
Avoid the confidence gap; you do not have to match all the listed requirements exactly to apply. Our hiring process is described in more detail in our hiring handbook.
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks like? Check out our remote manifesto. Apply