- You are here:
- Recruiter (San Francisco/ Bay Area)
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is a community project to which over 1,000 people worldwide have contributed. We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom, efficiency, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality, work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
GitLab is looking for an experienced Recruiter in the San Francisco Bay Area to create positive opportunities to echo our values and culture across a broad and highly competitive tech startup landscape and to attract highly qualified industry leaders globally.
This role reports to the Senior Director of People Operations and partners with a second global recruiter and a People Ops Administrator on a daily basis.
- Collaborate with hiring managers to understand requirements and establish effective recruiting strategies
- Develop and advertise accurate job descriptions to attract a highly qualified candidate pool
- Identify creative and strategic ways to source great people
- Apply effective recruiting practices to passive and active candidates
- Source, Screen, interview and evaluate candidates
- Assess candidate interest and ability to thrive in an open source culture
- Foster lasting relationships with candidates
- Share best practice interviewing techniques with hiring managers
- Build an effective network of internal and external resources to call on as needed
- Ensure applicants receive timely, thoughtful and engaging messaging throughout the hiring process
- Partner with Marketing to develop and deliver a disruptive employer brand strategy
- Promote our values, culture and remote only passion
- Distribute thoughtful and engaging employer brand content
- Design and monitor key metrics to evaluate the effectiveness of our employment practices
- Develop recommendations for course corrections by leveraging data from our ATS, post interview and post hire surveys and other feedback loops
- Continually search for opportunities to elevate our brand by identifying industry best practices, evaluating competitors and nurturing networks and partnerships
- 3+ years recruiting at all levels, preferably in a global capacity within the software industry, open source experience is a plus
- Experience with competitive global job markets highly preferred
- Focused on delivering an excellent candidate experience
- Ambitious, efficient and stable under tight deadlines and competing priorities
- Remote working experience in a technology startup will be an added advantage
- Ability to build relationships with hiring managers and colleagues across multiple disciplines and timezones
- Advanced working knowledge using an applicant tracking systems
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills across all levels
- Willingness to learn and use software tools including Git and GitLab
- College / University degree in Marketing, Human Resources or related field from an accredited institution preferred
Avoid the confidence gap; you do not have to match all the listed requirements exactly to apply. Our hiring process is described in more detail in our hiring handbook.
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks like? Check out our remote manifesto. Apply