- You are here:
- Recruiting Director
- Provide strategic direction for the stellar recruiting team at GitLab. We are growing and are looking for a strong, hands-on Recruiting leader to support that growth. This will include developing new methods to find passive talent and talent from low cost areas across the world.
- While building and growing your own team, it is also critical to partner with the leaders of the organization to ensure that they are planning for the right hires and are invested in the process of finding, evaluating, and onboarding their talent.
- Identify and Operationalize the technology needs of the recruiting team - identifying needs, determining solutions and integrating tools and systems
- Partner with internal and external teams to deep dive on trends, opportunities and build projects to continuously improve the effectiveness of finding the best talent for GitLab Actively research and source for high priority, executive positions across the organization.
- Evangelize a leading candidate experience from the initial recruiter interview to candidate onboarding
- Manage the recruitment team workload, evaluate and assign priorities to internal recruiting team emphasizing ownership and accountability
- Manage outside vendors and partners
- Build out GitLab talent programs including diversity recruiting, college/campus recruiting, internships and apprenticeships.
- Utilize Lever ATS to define recruiting metrics and using data to implement improvements for talent acquisition
- Cultivate strong partnerships with hiring teams and executives, and influence change throughout the entire hiring process
- Training for hiring managers and team members on GitLab hiring practices. Also influence those hire practices as they may need to be iterated on to drive the best, scalable results for GitLab.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work well with changing information
- Comfortable using Technology
- Effective and concise verbal and written communication skills with the ability to collaborate with cross functional team members
- A team player who acts with a sense of urgency and adapts to a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Resourceful and takes initiative to seek internal and external resources when problem solving
- Have implemented various HRIS/ATS systems or recruiting tools while delivering internal OKRs
- 5-10+ years recruiting experience with a minimum of 2 years managing a recruiting team.
- Experience hiring Global Talent in areas like Europe, India and China
Applicants for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that applicants can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find her/his job title on our team page.
- Qualified applicants will be invited to schedule a 30 minute screening call with one of our Global Recruiters
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a 45 minute interview with our Chief Culture Officer
- After that, candidates will be invited to schedule a 30 minute interview with at least one of our People Operations Team members
- Candidate then may be invited to two different 45 minute interviews with two different hiring managers
- Finally, our CEO may choose to conduct a final interview.
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
Please note that if we are actively hiring for a position, you will see it listed on our jobs page, where all of our current openings are advertised. To apply, please click on the name of the role you are interested in, which will take you to our applicant tracking system (ATS), Lever.
Avoid the confidence gap; you do not have to match all the listed requirements exactly to apply. Our hiring process is described in more detail in our hiring handbook.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is a community project to which over 1,000 people worldwide have contributed. We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom, efficiency, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality, work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks like? Check out our remote manifesto.