- You are here:
- Recruiting Sourcer
GitLab is looking for a sourcing expert with experience in finding the best candidates for a high-tech, distributed company. How you build relationships and how you subsequently build sourcing strategies to find the best talent in the world is critical. A big picture thinker with experience in an international, highly cross-functional organization who has strong business acumen will be most successful in the role. However, attention to detail, and experience with market mapping and deep research is equally as critical. The role will be based in Europe, The Middle East, or Africa. In this role, it is critical for the applicants to have experience in Sales and Marketing. Being fluent English is required to be successful at GitLab, but additional language skills are a huge plus. Finally, we’re looking for in-depth understanding and background in hiring amazing people in at least two for these areas: Engineering, Sales, Marketing, Product.
This role will report to the Recruiting Director.
- Source for the best passive candidates in the global market. Being willing to look wherever is necessary to find the talent we need, with a focus on our values and requirements.
- Put meaningful focus on building a diverse pipeline.
- Partner directly with in-house recruiters and business leaders globally to understand specific needs to attract and engage with top talent. Someone who is highly curious and asks great questions to build their business acumen will be especially successful in the role.
- Strategically utilize LinkedIn, online research, events, etc to engage highly passive, sought after candidates.
- Develop a strong relationship with candidates and make judicious decisions on fit for a particular role or team, in addition to thinking through fit for our unique culture.
- Map out individual markets and gather intelligence around specific talent pools, using that knowledge to identify top talent.
- Experience sourcing and research at all levels, preferably in a global capacity within the software industry, open source experience is a plus
- Proven success in sourcing for Sales and/or technical positions. Sales is critical for the role in EMEA.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively source passive candidates. This is a fully outbound role.
- Experience with competitive global job markets preferred
- Focused on delivering an excellent candidate experience
- Ambitious, efficient and stable under tight deadlines and competing priorities
- Remote working experience in a technology startup will be an added advantage
- Ability to build relationships with managers and colleagues across multiple disciplines and timezones
- Working knowledge using an applicant tracking systems. Lever is a plus.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills across all levels
- Willingness to learn and use software tools including Git and GitLab
- College / University degree in Marketing, Human Resources or related field from an accredited institution preferred
- Successful completion of a background check.
Applicants for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that applicants can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find her/his job title on our team page.
- Qualified applicants will be invited to schedule a 30 minute screening call with one of our Global Recruiters
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a 45 minute interview with our Chief Culture Officer
- After that, candidates will be invited to schedule a 30 minute interview with at least one of our People Operations Team members
- Candidate then may be invited to a 45 minute interviews with one of our hiring managers
- Finally, our CEO may choose to conduct a final interview.
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
Please note that if we are actively hiring for a position, you will see it listed on our jobs page, where all of our current openings are advertised. To apply, please click on the name of the role you are interested in, which will take you to our applicant tracking system (ATS), Lever.
Avoid the confidence gap; you do not have to match all the listed requirements exactly to apply. Our hiring process is described in more detail in our hiring handbook.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is a community project to which over 1,000 people worldwide have contributed. We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom, efficiency, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality, work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks like? Check out our remote manifesto.