- You are here:
- Senior Accounts Executive Financial Services
We are seeking proven, quota-carrying sales performers to help us grow our enterprise customer base within the Financial Service sector. Responsibilities include generating new logo business and generating new business in existing accounts.
- Senior Account Executive (SAE) will report to a regional director
- Act as a primary point of contact and the face of GitLab for our Financial Services prospects/clients.
- Lead qualification for all Financial Services leads and sales opportunities Up-selling and leveraging business from new and established customer relationships
- Contribute to post-mortem analysis on wins/losses.
- Communicate lessons learned to the team, including account managers, the marketing team, and the technical team.
- Take ownership of your book of business
- document the buying criteria
- document the buying process
- document next steps and owners
- ensure pipeline accuracy based on evidence and not hope
- Contribute to documenting improvements in our sales handbook.
- Provide account leadership and direction in the pre- and post-sales process
- Be the voice of the customer by contributing product ideas to our public issue tracker
- Strong understanding of the financial services industry and 3-5 years experience selling into brokerage, banking, wealth/asset management or payments accounts
- Account planning and execution skills
- Ability to sell C-Level and across both IT and business units
- A proven track record of driving and closing enterprise deals
- 7+ years of solution sales experience
- Ability to maintain a high level of productivity, manage multiple competing priorities, and work effectively under the pressure of time constraints in a fast-paced, complex, collaborative, and team-oriented environment
- Interest in GitLab, and open source software
- Ability to leverage established relationships and proven sales techniques for success
- Effective communicator, strong interpersonal skills
- Motivated, driven and results oriented
- Excellent negotiation, presentation and closing skills
- Preferred experience with Git, Software Development Tools, Application Lifecycle Management
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
Applicants for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that applicants can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find her/his job title on our team page.
- Qualified applicants receive a short questionnaire from our Global Recruiters
- What would differentiate you and make you a great account executive for GitLab?
- What is your knowledge of the space that GitLab is in? (i.e. Industry Trends)
- How do you see the developer tools changing over the coming years from a sales perspective? (i.e. Competitive Positioning, Customer Needs, etc)
- Selected candidates will be invited to schedule a screening call with our Global Recruiters
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a first interview with Sales Director - US
- Candidates will then be invited to schedule a second interview with Sales Director - EMEA
- Candidates will be invited to schedule a third interview with our CRO
- Finally, candidates will interview with our CEO
- Successful candidates will subsequently be made an offer via email
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
Please note that if we are actively hiring for a position, you will see it listed on our jobs page, where all of our current openings are advertised. To apply, please click on the name of the role you are interested in, which will take you to our applicant tracking system (ATS), Lever.
Avoid the confidence gap; you do not have to match all the listed requirements exactly to apply. Our hiring process is described in more detail in our hiring handbook.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is a community project to which over 1,000 people worldwide have contributed. We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom, efficiency, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality, work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks like? Check out our remote manifesto.