- You are here:
- Senior Product Marketing Manager
GitLab seeks to add a Senior Product Marketing Manager, having technical domain experience, as well as deep experience in enterprise software marketing, sales enablement and training.
- Become product & market expert for GitLab, able to read trends and quickly iterate on messages our marketing & sales teams can use
- Contribute to launches for new product offerings
- Produce collateral such as presentations, videos, demos, whitepapers, one pagers, case studies, battle cards, etc.
- Train and enable sales and partner teams to deeply understand the buyer value proposition and features and capabilities of the product
- Support creation of enablement plans and deliver it to sales, sales development, solutions architects, and partners
- Capture how our products are used and the value created across industries and customers for collateral creation and customer reference marketing
- Collaborate with our sales development reps, account executives and partners to successfully drive the sales of GitLab’s product offerings
- Drive integrated communications initiatives with other teams across internal and partner ecosystems
- At least 6 years enterprise software marketing experience, including 4 directly in product marketing
- In-depth industry experience and working knowledge using or building software products, particularly cloud software, collaboration software, or developer tools
- Highly technical to be able to independently develop demos, webinars, videos, technical collateral, ROI/value oriented assessments, etc.
- Experience designing sales collateral from scratch based on sales conversations, sales calls, product interviews, user interviews, market research, and your own experience
- Experience in building sales enablement collateral and the corresponding training to ensure that salespeople can confidently and accurately deliver GitLab's enterprise value proposition.
- Experience with sales enablement in a partner & alliances context
- Experience managing sales and marketing requirements & expectations in a fast-growing environment
- Obsessive about iteration, quality, clarity, details, & execution
- Market research and competitive intelligence experience
- Stay on top of trends in the space via conferences, publications, social media, etc.
- Excellent spoken and written English
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
- Experience with remote-friendly, remote-mostly or remote-only work cultures
- Experience at multiple SaaS companies
- Experience within a start-up environment
- Direct experience in the Developer Tools or Collaboration spaces e.g. Atlassian, GitHub, JetBrains, Slack, Xamarin, New Relic, etc.
- Marketing experience beyond Product Marketing
NOTE In the compensation calculator below, fill in "Senior" in the
Level field for this role.
Please note that if we are actively hiring for a position, you will see it listed on our jobs page, where all of our current openings are advertised. To apply, please click on the name of the role you are interested in, which will take you to our applicant tracking system (ATS), Lever.
Avoid the confidence gap; you do not have to match all the listed requirements exactly to apply. Our hiring process is described in more detail in our hiring handbook.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is a community project to which over 1,000 people worldwide have contributed. We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom, efficiency, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality, work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks like? Check out our remote manifesto.