- You are here:
- Senior Product Marketing Manager
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is a community project to which over 1,000 people worldwide have contributed. We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom, efficiency, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality, work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
GitLab seeks to add a Senior Product Marketing Manager, with deep experience in enterprise software, sales training, and sales enablement.
- Become product & market expert for GitLab, able to read trends and quickly iterate on messages our marketing & sales team can use
- Produce of collateral such as decks, whitepapers, one pages, case studies, comparison, etc.
- Prepare training curriculum & material for consumption by salespeople & associated functions (BDRs, SDRs, Success Engineers etc.)
- Work with our partners & channels to successful drive the sales of GitLab’s product offerings.
- At least 6 years software marketing experience, including 4 directly in product marketing
- Experience designing sales collateral from scratch based on sales conversations, sales calls, product interviews, user interviews, market research, and your own experience
- Experience in building sales enablement collateral and the corresponding training to ensure that salespeople can confidently and accurately deliver GitLab's enterprise value proposition.
- Experience with sales enablement in a partner & alliances context
- Relevant experience using or building software products, particularly Cloud software, collaboration software, or developer tools
- Experience managing sales requirements & expectations in a fast-growing environment
- Obsessive about quality, clarity, details, & execution
- Market research experience
- Stay on top of trends in the space via conferences, publications, social media, etc.
- Excellent spoken and written English
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
- Experience with remote-friendly, remote-mostly or remote-only work cultures
- Experience at multiple SaaS companies
- Direct experience in the Developer Tools or Collaboration spaces e.g. Atlassian, GitHub, JetBrains, Slack, Xamarin, New Relic, etc.
- Marketing experience beyond Product Marketing
NOTE In the compensation calculator below, fill in "Senior" in the
Level field for this role.
Avoid the confidence gap; you do not have to match all the listed requirements exactly to apply. Our hiring process is described in more detail in our hiring handbook.
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks like? Check out our remote manifesto. Apply