- You are here:
- Services Support Lead
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is a community project to which over 1,000 people worldwide have contributed. We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom, efficiency, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality, work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
Please note that if we are actively hiring for a position, you will see it listed on our jobs page, where all of our current openings are advertised. To apply, please click on the name of the role you are interested in, which will take you to our applicant tracking system (ATS), Lever.
As the Services Support Lead, you will be responsible for making sure that GitLab.com customers and users receive an excellent support experience. GitLab.com is a product at scale. You’ll be hiring a global support team to support a Million+ user product with customers all over the world. While doing this you’ll be working closely with Support Engineers, GitLab.com Production, and Product teams to make sure we are listening to our customers and fixing problems faster and even before they become problems. A desire to build efficient process while maintaining a friendly and helpful customer tone is essential. If you are excited about support and want to work in a team that values collaboration and results, this is the place for you.
- Grow and lead the team of Service Support Agents by actively seeking and hiring globally distributed talent.
- Conduct weekly 1:1's with your team
- Develop onboarding and training process for new Service Support Agents.
- Fully capable and excited to step into the role of a Support Engineer when needed.
- Develop and implement data-driven tactics to deliver on the strategic goals for Support, as set out on the overall team's strategy page as well as outlined in the direction for Support.
- Develop and use analytics to measure and improve the Services Support team
- Provide mentorship as needed to improve performance and enjoyment.
- Construct and monitor metrics to maintain customer and user SLA's
- Coordinate via GitLab Issues with other teams to drive GitLab.com feature development.
- 3 years or more experience in Managing people
- Experience with Zendesk or a comparable ticketing system
- Above average knowledge of SaaS Architecture and supporting such infrastructure
- Experience with ELK logging infrastructure
- Experience supporting and advocating for a Million+ User base on a SaaS product.
- Experience with debugging Modern MVC Applications and git
- Affinity for (and experience with) providing customer support
- Excellent spoken and written English
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values
- A technical interview is part of the hiring process for this position.
- A customer scenario interview is part of the hiring process for this position.
- Successful completion of a background check.
Applicants for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that applicants can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find her/his job title on our team page.
- Qualified applicants receive a short questionnaire from our Global Recruiters
- Selected candidates will be invited to schedule a 30 minute screening call with our Global Recruiters
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a 90 minute technical interview with customer scenarios with a Support Engineer
- Candidates will then be invited to schedule a 45 minute interview with our Support Lead
- Candidates will then be invited to schedule an additional 45 minute interview with the VP of Engineering
- Finally, candidates may be asked to interview with the CEO
- Successful candidates will subsequently be made an offer via email
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
Avoid the confidence gap; you do not have to match all the listed requirements exactly to apply. Our hiring process is described in more detail in our hiring handbook.
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks like? Check out our remote manifesto. Apply