- You are here:
- Database Specialist
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is a community project to which over 1,000 people worldwide have contributed. We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom, efficiency, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality, work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focussed on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
- Manage day-to-day maintenance of GitLab's databases
- Resolve issues with database performance and query load
- Implement tools to monitor performance and load
- Set configuration parameters to improve overall user experience (e.g. reduce query times)
- Identify scalability issues with current schema and application usage patterns
- Manage regular backups and disaster recovery
- Install and test new versions of the database
- Document answers and improves existing documentation
- Write blog posts relevant to the community
In addition, see the Production Engineer job description.
Avoid the confidence gap; you do not have to match all the listed requirements exactly to apply. Our hiring process is described in more detail in our hiring handbook.
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks like? Check out our remote manifesto. Apply