- You are here:
- Success Engineer
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is a community project to which over 1,000 people worldwide have contributed. We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom, efficiency, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality, work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
Success Engineers provide direction and specialist knowledge in applying GitLab’s solutions advantages that address our client’s business requirements. Success Engineers are responsible for actively driving and managing the technology evaluation and validation stages of the sales process, working in conjunction with GitLab’s sales team as the key solutions and technical advisors and product advocates for GitLab’s Enterprise Edition.
Success Engineers serve as a trusted advisor to the client, with particular focus on addressing the technical requirements and challenges that limit the customer’s ability to achieve their business objectives in driving an effective Indirect Sales model.
- Development, tailoring, and delivery of client-specific product demonstrations
- Provide GitLab solution Subject Matter Expertise to the client throughout the sales process
- Effectively team with GitLab sales team to assess and address technical requirements and challenges throughout the sales process
- Effectively lead and drive the response to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs
- Serve as liaison between the client and GitLab Service Engineers and Product Marketing to effectively convey and prioritize customer requirements
- Become a Subject Matter Expert in competitive solution assessment and response
- Provide technical and solutions leadership in the Field to our clients, partners, and sales teams
- Be the Subject Matter Expert and facilitate training workshops externally and internally.
- Provide guidance on documentation
- B.Sc. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Above average knowledge of Unix and Unix based Operating Systems
- Vast experience with Ruby on Rails Applications and git
- Vast experience in Software Development and Developer Tool Pipeline
- Great people skills and presentation skills
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values
Applicants for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that applicants can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find her/his job title on our team page.
- Qualified applicants receive a short questionnaire and coding exercise from our Global Recruiters
- The review process for this role can take a little longer than usual but if in doubt, check in with the Global recruiter at any point.
- Selected candidates will be invited to schedule a 45min screening call with our Global Recruiters
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a first interview with a Success Engineer
- Candidates will then be invited to schedule a series of interviews with our VP of Engineering
- Finally, candidates will interview with our CEO
- Successful candidates will subsequently be made an offer via email
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
Avoid the confidence gap; you do not have to match all the listed requirements exactly to apply. Our hiring process is described in more detail in our hiring handbook.
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks like? Check out our remote manifesto. Apply