- You are here:
- Success Engineer
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is a community project to which over 1,000 people worldwide have contributed. We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom, efficiency, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality, work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
Success Engineers are the trusted advisors to GitLab prospects and clients, showing how the GitLab solutions address clients business requirements. Success Engineers are responsible for actively driving and managing the technology evaluation and validation stages of the sales process. Success Engineers are the product advocates for GitLab’s Enterprise Edition, serving as a trusted advisor to the client, focusing on the the technical solution while also understanding the business challenges the customer is trying to overcome.
- Provide solution presentations, product demonstrations, and Proofs of Value that clearly exhibit the value GitLab will bring to prospects and clients.
- Understand customer requirements and set appropriate expectations.
- Subject Matter Expertise to the client throughout the sales process
- Developing tactical and strategic sales plans to win business for the sales teams
- Articulate the business and technical value proposition including GitLab’s key differentiation to prospective new customers and partners
- Create formal technical responses to prospects and clients
- Serve as liaison between the client and GitLab product team to effectively convey and prioritize customer requirements
- Become a Subject Matter Expert in competitive solution assessment and response
- Involved in and facilitate training workshops externally and internally
- Provide guidance on documentation
- You share GitLab’s values and work in accordance with those values
- You have great people skills and are able to engage an audience with a clear concise message on complex technical topics
- Deep knowledge of software development lifecycle and development pipeline (idea to production)
- Able to convey the business value of continuous integration, continuous deployment, chatOps, and cloud native with a understanding of the different applications used for these solutions.
- Experience with waterfall, Agile (SCRUM, Kanban, etc) and able to discuss the value of different software development processes
- Understand mono-repo and distributed-repo approaches
- Above average knowledge of Unix and Unix based Operating Systems
- Installation and operation of Linux operating systems and hardware investigation / manipulation commands
- BASH / Shell scripting including systemd and init.d startup scripts
- Package management (RPM, etc. to add/remove/list packages)
- Understanding of system log files / logging infrastructure
- Strong desire to learn new things
- Experience with container systems
- Kubernetes / Docker
- Installation / configuration
- Container registries
- Experience with any of the following tools / software packages:
- Ruby on Rails Applications
- Git, BitBucket/Stash, GitHub, Perforce, SVN
- Jira, Jenkins
- B.Sc. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Applicants for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that applicants can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find her/his job title on our team page.
- Selected candidates will be invited to schedule a 45min screening call with our Global Recruiters
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule interviews with relevant team members
- Finally, candidates will interview with our CEO
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
Avoid the confidence gap; you do not have to match all the listed requirements exactly to apply. Our hiring process is described in more detail in our hiring handbook.
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks like? Check out our remote manifesto. Apply