- You are here:
- Technical Writer
The main difference between full and junior technical writers is their ability to proactively and independantly take on tasks to improve technical writing assets.
- Document undocumented features.
- Maintain and update documentation.
- Improve the documentation UX.
- Coordinate with the Development team to ensure feature coverage and avoid overlap.
- Make sure the GitLab recipes repository is up to date with the latest GitLab release.
- Make sure there are upgrade guides for all possible upgrade paths:
- source to source
- source to omnibus
- omnibus to omnibus (manual and using the package repository)
- gitlab-ce to gitlab-ee
- Write tutorials for getting started with GitLab features and advanced topics.
- Create video tutorials for the same content.
- Keep technical content on website up to date.
- Review Community Writer pitches and MRs.
It is not the responsibility of the Technical Writing team to write documentation for new or updated features. All merge requests should include comprehensive documentation written by the Development team.