- You are here:
- UX/Design Lead
The User Experience (UX) / Design Lead reports to the VP of Engineering, and UX Designers report to the UX/Design Lead.
- Interviews applicants for UX Designer
- Works with Frontend Lead to improve overall UX
- Sets overall direction of UX Design
- Reviews material made by UX designers
- Ensures that the technical decisions and processes set by the CTO are followed
- Does 1:1's with all reports every 2-5 weeks (depending on the experience of the report)
- Is available for 1:1's on demand of the report
- Ensures quality implementation of design materials
- Delivers input on promotions, function changes, demotions and firings in consultation with the VP of Engineering and Frontend Lead
Requirements for Applicants
- A minimum of 3+ years experience as a design lead, product lead, or design manager
- Solid visual awareness with understanding of basic design principles like typography, layout, composition, and color theory
- Proficiency with pre-visualization software (e.g. Sketch, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Experience defining the high-level strategy (the why) and creating design deliverables (the how) based on research.
- Passion for creating visually pleasing and intuitive user experiences.
- Collaborative team spirit with great communication skills
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.