- You are here:
- Vice President of Engineering
- Support the CEO in the execution of company strategy.
- Work with CTO and product leads to execute technical vision for GitLab.
- Work across all of engineering teams to deliver quality.
- Signal potential problems to CEO early.
- Tackle cross-disciplinary / cross-team initiatives.
- Be available for quick turnaround time on new tasks.
- Ensure GitLab releases a new version every 22nd of the month.
- Ensure GitLab.com is fast, available, and resilient.
- Prioritize work and resources across teams.
- Make sure the handbook is used and maintained.
- Identify positions we need to hire for, open up vacancies, and interview applicants.
- Help to recruit for difficult to hire positions.
- Grow skills in team leads and directors, give them a sense of progress, and proactively promote people.
- Identify and remedy underperformance.
- Identify missing skills and organize training to remedy.
- Reorganize teams, mostly splitting them up.
- Ensure engineers can have career progress without being a manager.
- Push for individual accountability instead of project managers/coordinators.
- Promote GitLab as a great product and place to work by engaging on social media and writing blog posts.
- Can handle the above responsibilities
- Lead multiple engineering teams before
- Familiar with open source work methods
- Engineering experience
- Potential to lead a 250 person enginering organization
This page is generated from a public file on GitLab.com
— merge requests with improvements are very welcome