- You are here:
- Vice President of Engineering
- Support CEO in execution of company strategy.
- Work with CTO and product leads to execute technical vision for GitLab.
- Work across all of engineering teams to deliver a quality product.
- Signal potential problems to CEO.
- Tackle cross-disciplinary / cross-team initiatives.
- Be available for quick turnaround time on new tasks.
- Lead software development by example.
- Ensure software quality.
- Ensure GitLab releases a new version every 22nd of the month.
Current specific responsibilities
- Prioritize work and resources across Frontend, Infrastructure, Support, and Development teams.
- Assist with milestone planning and work estimation.
- Lead performance reviews and hiring.
- Improve tooling and processes to minimize downtime and improve software performance.
- Help answer technical questions and issues.
- Mention to get stuff in the handbook and issues; don't leave them in Docs or chat.
This page is generated from a public file on GitLab.com
— merge requests with improvements are very welcome