- You are here:
As a designer for GitLab you would be responsible for creating and maintaining our brand. You will work on the design of the GitLab website, all marketing design needs, and all branding. You'll work very closely together with almost everyone in GitLab to make sure we follow good design principles and our branding is clear in everything we do. This means you get a lot of freedom, independence and responsibilities.
- Set the brand of GitLab
- Design a coherent brand image (logo's, icons, colors, typography, etc.)
- Redesign our static website
- Design our marketing materials
- Design our swag and event items (t-shirts, stickers, banners, etc.)
- Design for special occasions (product releases, events, etc.)
- Create exciting marketing materials
- Create printed materials (business cards, banners, brochures)
- Create web advertisements for things like webcasts, landing pages, partnerships, and feature releases.
- Build and maintain slide decks for various events and presentations. *Create, update, and maintain diagrams and infographics on the GitLab website and Documentation pages.
- Degree in graphic design or related field.
- 2-3 years experience in marketing, web and print design, and branding is preferred.
- Experience with web design and best practices (knowing the limitations and possibilities while keeping the user in mind)
- Experience with print design and best practices (CMYK and Pantone colors, prepping files for print)
- Able to create anything from concept and mockups to pixel-perfect work and iterate quickly
- Be able to create exciting marketing materials
- Experience with web design and its limitations and possibilities
- Experience creating custom icons for the web.
- Have an understanding of good UX
- Strong conceptual and user-experience focused mindset.
- Able to work in small, concrete and practical iterations. GitLab has a very short release cycle, you need to be able to keep up
- Comfortable working very collaboratively on projects, as well as independently.
- Illustration experience is a plus.
- Experience with HTML / CSS is also a plus.
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
As a junior designer for GitLab you will be responsible for assisting our lead designer in establishing and maintaining a cohesive visual language for the GitLab brand across all channels. Projects will range from the GitLab website, diagrams and infographics, to swag, digital ads, and print collateral. Our ideal candidate has a strong design skill-set, takes direction openly and positively, and is very detail oriented.