- You are here:
- Engineering Roles
- Services Support
Services Support Roles at GitLab
GitLab Services Support Agents focus on providing support for GitLab.com. They will be a first point of contact when a customer has trouble. They should be cool under pressure, comfortable with technology, and always willing to go the extra mile to make things right.
- Engage with our customers to triage customer issues via email
- Focus on efficiency
- Collaborate with Support Engineers and the GitLab Community get bugs fixed
- Create or update internal documentation on Services Support Process
- Maintain good ticket performance and satisfaction
- Understanding of how SaaS software works
- Desire to dive in and understand problems
- Driven to understand new challenges
- Customer focused always
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Successful completion of a background check.
- 2+ years in a customer facing / customer service role, ideally in a technical capacity.
- Experience with Git / source control and/or the software development lifecycle.
- Customer oriented individual; has the ability to adapt to and respond to different kinds of characters.
- Good problem solving skills that result in quality resolutions.
Nice to haves
- Previous experience in a startup or environment that is scaling, would be an added benefit for this role.
- Familiaritity with terms like 'CI/CD', 'test-driven development', 'Docker registry' or '2FA'
Senior Services Support Agent
This role expounds on the Services Support Agent
- Come up with a catchier name for yourself
- Mentor Services Support to build more Senior Support Agents
- Build efficient process
- Possess Expert Level SaaS Debugging
- A deep desire to understand how software works
- Liaise with other teams echoing the customer voice
- Coordinate with Infrastructure and Production teams to build collaborative workflows
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find her/his job title on our team page.
- Qualified candidates receive a short questionnaire from our Global Recruiters
- Selected candidates will be invited to schedule a 30min screening call with our Global Recruiters
- A GitLab Team member from any team will conduct a behavioral interview to get a sense of your work experience.
- Candidates will schedule an interview with our Support Lead
- Successful candidates will subsequently be made an offer via email
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
Unfortunately GitLab is not hiring at your selected country at this time. Please read our hiring handbook
for more details.
Please note that if we are actively hiring for a position, you will see it listed on our jobs page, where all of our current openings are advertised. To apply, please click on the name of the role you are interested in, which will take you to our applicant tracking system (ATS), Lever.
Avoid the confidence gap; you do not have to match all the listed requirements exactly to apply. Our hiring process is described in more detail in our hiring handbook.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is a community project to which over 1,000 people worldwide have contributed. We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom, efficiency, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality, work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks like? Check out our remote manifesto.