- You are here:
- Finance Roles
- Data Engineer
- Ensure the Company’s cloud and on-premise data is centralized into a single data warehouse that can support data analysis requirements from all functional groups of the Company. See our bizops effort.
- Create a common data framework so that all company data can be analyzed in a unified manner.
- Build data pipelines from internal databases and SaaS applications (SFDC, Zuora, Marketo, Zendesk, etc.) to populate and feed our data warehouse with high quality, consistent data.
- Drive the creation of architecture diagrams and systems documentation that can be understood and used by business users and other GitLabbers.
- Help to develop and execute a roadmap for system expansion, evaluate existing systems and ensure future systems are aligned with the Company’s data architecture plan.
- Implement a set of processes that ensure any changes in transactional system architecture are documented and their impact on the company’s overall data integrity are considered prior to changes being made.
- Collaborate with all functions of the company to ensure data needs are addressed.
- This position reports to the Manager, Data & Analytics.
- 2+ years hands-on experience in a data analytics or data warehousing role
- Demonstrably deep understanding of SQL and relational databases (Postgres preferred).
- Experience with a high growth company using on-premise tools and on-demand (SaaS) transactional systems
- Hands-on experience with Python, SQL, and ETL tools like Talend/Kettle, Boomi, Informatica Cloud, etc. Experience with Postgres is a plus.
- Hands-on experience with data pipeline tools within cloud-based environments (Airflow, Luigi, Azkaban, DBT)
- Be Passionate about data, analytics, and automation.
- Experience with open source data warehouse tools.
- Strong data modeling skills and familiarity with the Kimball methodology.
- Experience with Salesforce, Zuora, Zendesk and Marketo as data sources and consuming data from SaaS application APIs.
- Share and work in accordance with our values
- Must be able to work in alignment with Americas timezones
- Successful completion of a background check.
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find her/his job title on our team page.
- Selected candidates will be invited to schedule a screening call with our Global Recruiters
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a first interview with our Manager, Data & Analytics
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a second interview with our Finance Operations and Planning Lead
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a third interview with members of the BizOps team
- Finally, candidates may be asked to interview with our CEO
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
Unfortunately GitLab is not hiring at your selected country at this time. Please read our hiring handbook
for more details.
Please note that if we are actively hiring for a position, you will see it listed on our jobs page, where all of our current openings are advertised. To apply, please click on the name of the role you are interested in, which will take you to our applicant tracking system (ATS), Lever.
Avoid the confidence gap; you do not have to match all the listed requirements exactly to apply. Our hiring process is described in more detail in our hiring handbook.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is a community project to which over 1,000 people worldwide have contributed. We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom, efficiency, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality, work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks like? Check out our remote manifesto.