- You are here:
- Marketing Roles
- Sales Development Team Lead
As a Sales Development Team Lead, you are a player-coach. As a Team Lead your job is threefold: (1) Lead from the front and generate qualified opportunities for the sales team, (2) Train other members of the sales development team, and (3) take on operational and administrative tasks to help the sales development team perform and exceed expectations. You will be a source of knowledge and best practices amongst the outbound SDRs, and will help to train, onboard, and mentor new SDRs.
- Train other members of the Sales Development Team to identify, contact, and create qualified opportunities.
- Ensure Sales Development Team members improve performance and abilities over time by providing coaching and feedback in recurring 1:1s
- Assist with recruiting, hiring, and onboarding new Sales Development Representatives.
- Work closely with the Online Marketing Manager on targeted ad campaigns for the team’s account list
- Work closely with the Sales and Business Development Manager to improve opportunity management and qualification processes
- Work closely with the Sales and Business Development Manager as well as the Regional Sales Directors (RDs) to identify key company accounts to develop.
- Work in collaboration with Content and Product Marketing to develop effective messaging for outbound communications to your assigned accounts.
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Experience in sales, marketing, or customer service for a technical product - leadership experience is highly preferred.
- Experience with CRM software (Salesforce preferred)
- Experience in sales operations and/or marketing automation software preferred
- Understanding of B2B software, Open Source software, and the developer product space is preferred
- Is your college degree in French foreign politics with a minor in interpretive dance but you’ve been selling and marketing products since you were 12? Perfect. We understand that your college degree isn’t the only thing that prepares you as a potential job candidate.
- You are obsessed with making customers happy. You know that the slightest trouble in getting started with a product can ruin customer happiness.
- Passionate about technology and learning more about GitLab
- Be ready to learn how to use GitLab and Git
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
Note on Compensation
See the Sales Compensation Plan to understand OTE salary.
Please note that if we are actively hiring for a position, you will see it listed on our jobs page, where all of our current openings are advertised. To apply, please click on the name of the role you are interested in, which will take you to our applicant tracking system (ATS), Lever.
Avoid the confidence gap; you do not have to match all the listed requirements exactly to apply. Our hiring process is described in more detail in our hiring handbook.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is a community project to which over 1,000 people worldwide have contributed. We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom, efficiency, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality, work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks like? Check out our remote manifesto.