- You are here:
- People Ops Roles
- Candidate Experience Specialist
This role reports to the Director of Recruiting and works daily to support the recruiting team.
- Collaborate with Recruiters and Recruiting Manager to understand the process for each open vacancy
- Work in Applicant Tracking System (ATS) to help recruiters maintain a positive candidate experience for candidates
- Manage inbound candidate traffic for all roles
- Open and close vacancies through GitLab with the coordination of ATS
- Own scheduling process for screening calls and all other interviews
- Assist with conducting reference checks for all candidates entering the final round of interview phase
- Build an effective network of internal and external resources to call on as needed
- Ensure candidates receive timely, thoughtful and engaging messaging throughout the hiring process
- Assist Recruiting team with putting together GitLab hiring packages and corresponding with hiring managers and CEO for proper approvals
- Create and stage offer letter and employment contracts for recruiting team
- Assist with Onboarding processes, including ordering equipment and supplies for team members
- Promote our values, culture and remote only passion
- Desire to learn about Talent Acquisition and Human Resources from the ground level up
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment and work with C-Suite level candidates Focus on delivering an excellent candidate experience
- Ambitious, efficient and stable under tight deadlines and competing priorities
- Proficient in Google Suite
- Ability to build relationships with managers and colleagues across multiple disciplines and timezones
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills across all levels
- Willingness to learn and use software tools including Git and GitLab
- Organized, efficient, and proactive with a keen sense of urgency
- Successful completion of a background check.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Prior experience using an candidate tracking system, Lever experience is a plus
- Ability to recognize and appropriately handle highly sensitive and confidential information
- Experience working remotely is a plus
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
Unfortunately GitLab is not hiring at your selected country at this time. Please read our hiring handbook
for more details.
Please note that if we are actively hiring for a position, you will see it listed on our jobs page, where all of our current openings are advertised. To apply, please click on the name of the role you are interested in, which will take you to our applicant tracking system (ATS), Lever.
Avoid the confidence gap; you do not have to match all the listed requirements exactly to apply. Our hiring process is described in more detail in our hiring handbook.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is a community project to which over 1,000 people worldwide have contributed. We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom, efficiency, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality, work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks like? Check out our remote manifesto.