- You are here:
- Sales Roles
- Vice President of Alliances
GitLab is looking for a Vice President for Alliances to join us in the San Francisco Bay area. In this role, you will develop and implement a multi-year sales plan to rapidly grow revenue and build strategic partnerships with large customers. You’ll be tasked with continuously enhancing our alliance and partnership organization, processes, and metrics. As a Vice President of Alliances, you will serve as a key adviser to GitLab’s executives, Directors, and the sales group with regards to GitLab’s overall global alliance strategy.
- Identify, establish and execute agreements with strategic alliance partners to contribute towards our 3-year topline revenue growth plan
- GitLab runs on the cloud environments of Amazon, Microsoft, Google, IBM, Alibaba, Huawei, Oracle, and Digital Ocean and many of their products are also part of GitLab
- A recent example of a product that has become part of GitLab is the acquisition of Gemnasium
- Manage efforts to research and identify alliance prospects and targets
- Develop, maintain, and manage the implementation of strategic alliance sales and go-to market plans
- Collaborate with Sales, Products, and Marketing teams to develop new product offerings within existing and new lines of business
- Responsible for identifying potential acquisition partnerships, conducting due diligence and executing on integration strategies
- Manage external contacts, expectations and be the key GitLab Ambassador for our partner relationships
- Measure and report results of alliance sales plan execution and identify areas for improvement and act to implement positive change
- Design, develop and execute engagement plans with Alliance key stakeholder while tracking Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
- Coordinate and collaborate with cross-functional organizations within GitLab to include marketing, products, finance, legal, sales, engineering and people operations
- Manage each stage of the alliance lifecycle and monitor the ROl and risk for both partners
- 6-8 years of senior leadership (VP or C-level) in planning and closing partnership deals valued at over $50M with enterprise technology companies
- 8+ years of experience in the field of DevOps
- Experience working in a fast-pace, start-up (500 employees and under), building key partnerships during scaling and pre-IPO
- Repeated success in “cradle-to-grave” penetration of Enterprise companies, outlining plans to build opportunities for collaboration and continued success
- Experience migrating large open-source projects to new tools for their communities
- Demonstrated complete understanding of the company, product, and landscape to make informed long-term strategic business decisions
- Established network of executive level contacts within the public cloud space, DevOps and open-source communities. Proven ability to translate those to new partnerships and business opportunities.
- Demonstrated analytical and data led decision-making.
- Based in the city of San Francisco
Please note that if we are actively hiring for a position, you will see it listed on our jobs page, where all of our current openings are advertised. To apply, please click on the name of the role you are interested in, which will take you to our applicant tracking system (ATS), Lever.
Avoid the confidence gap; you do not have to match all the listed requirements exactly to apply. Our hiring process is described in more detail in our hiring handbook.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is a community project to which over 1,000 people worldwide have contributed. We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom, efficiency, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality, work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks like? Check out our remote manifesto.