- Professional Services
- Education Services
- GitLab InnerSourcing Training
GitLab InnerSourcing Training
This hands-on workshop covers what InnerSourcing is, the key components needed for InnerSourcing to be successful, and how it will benefit you and your company. Attendees will learn how GitLab can help drive collaboration and consistency throughout the organization, and begin to apply best practices used by GitLab's own teams.
GitLab InnerSourcing Training covers some features that are available in all three GitLab pricing tiers (Free, Premium, and Ultimate), some features that are only available in Premium and Ultimate, and a small number of features that are only available in Ultimate.
Cross-functional development team members
- Live training sessions delivered by a GitLab technical trainer
- Lecture with demonstrations
- Hands-on labs
- Slides with notes and reference links
- Define What InnerSourcing is
- Identify the key components needed for InnerSourcing to be successful
- Assess how it will benefit you and your company
- Explain GitLabs’s CI/CD Functions
- Apply GitLab's Permission Model
- Describe GitLabs’s Package and Release Stages
- Apply InnerSourcing Best Practices
- Apply InnerSourcing Functions within GitLab
On-site: $7,000 plus travel expenses for each instructor
Remote: normally delivered as two 3-hour sessions, presented on separate days.
On-site: normally delivered as a single 7-hour session, including 1 hour for lunch.
Maximum 12 attendees. Order this seat add-on to increase total seats per class.
Download the syllabus
|9:00 - 9:30a
||What is InnerSourcing?
- InnerSourcing Defined
- Benefits of InnerSourcing
- Key Parts of InnerSourcing
- Who is Using InnerSourcing?
- Starting InnerSouring: Where to Begin
- GitLab Workflow Components
|9:30 - 10:00a
- Features of Open Communication
- Characteristics of a Good Communicator
- Benefits of Open Communication
- Scenario Exercise: Who did it better?
|10:00 - 10:30a
- Open Collaboration and InnerSourcing
- Keys for Successful Open Collaboration
- Open Collaboration Checklist
- Making Open Collaboration Work
|10:45a - 11:15a
||Benefits of InnerSourcing
- Adopting InnerSourcing
- Discussion Section: Existing Redundancies
- Why InnerSourcing is so Useful
- How GitLab Makes Collaboration Easy
- Review Quiz: GitLab InnerSourcing Introduction
|11:15a - 11:45a
||Understanding GitLab's CI/CD Functions
- Demo: GitLab Navigation
- Lab: Basics
- What is CI/CD?
- CI/CD Advantages
- Concurrent DevOps LifeCycle with GitLab
- CI/CD Features in GitLab—by Lifecycle Stage
- GitLab CI/CD Automated Tasks
- GitLab Recommended Process
|11:45a - 12:15p
||Applying GitLab's Permission Model
- GitLab's Permission Model
- InnerSourcing and Permissions
- Basic User Permission Model
- Group and Project Permissions
- Changing Permissions
- Secrets Management
|12:15p - 12:30p
||GitLab's Package and Release Stages
- What are Package and Container Registries?
- InnerSourcing Benefits of GitLab’s Package Stage
- Release Features in GitLab
- Discussion Section: Release Features and InnerSourcing
|12:30 - 1:00p
||InnerSourcing Best Practices
- Collaboration Fails
- Best Collaboration Functions Within GitLab
- Best Communication Functions Within GitLab
- How Else Can You Contribute?
- Demo: InnerSourcing Functions
- Lab: Collaboration Tools
- Lab: Search Activity
- Lab: Open Activities
Prerequisite Knowledge and Skills
Attendees should already have basic familiarity with these topics:
- Agile development
- Source code management
Computer with internet access and Git installed, per the requirements specified here.