- Professional Services
- Education Services
- GitLab for Project Managers Training
GitLab for Project Managers Training
This class is designed to provide users with an introduction to GitLab's Plan stage - where users can manage software products or other projects using issues. It focuses on the various tools available, including issues, epics, milestones, burndown charts, kanban boards, and agile portfolio management tools.
New certification! Starting in December 2020, we're including class participant access to our new GitLab Certified Project Management Specialist certification assessments. To earn certification, GitLab for Project Managers Training participants must receive a passing score on both a written assessment and a lab assessment evaluated by a GitLab Professional Services Engineer.
Anyone who will be performing project management tasks using GitLab, including project managers, program managers, product owners, and scrum masters
- Live training sessions delivered by a GitLab technical trainer
- Lecture with demonstrations
- Hands-on Labs
- Slides with notes and reference links
- Set up projects by creating issues, labels, milestones, and groups
- Manage projects using GitLab boards, epics, and roadmaps
- Use GitLab to develop portfolio plans
Remote delivery is $5,000 per class. Onsite delivery is $7,000 per class plus incurred trainer travel expenses.
One delivery of this course includes two 4-hour remote sessions or one 1-day onsite session.
Maximum 12 attendees; order this seat add-on to increase total seats per class
Download the syllabus
|9:00 - 9:30a
||GitLab Overview and Organization
- GitLab Workflow Components
- Planning a Project
- The Plan Stage: Project Management
- GitLab Organization - Groups, Projects, and Issues, oh my!
|9:30 - 11:00a
||GitLab Plan Stage
- Organizing the Work
- Planning the Work
- Doing the Work
- Document the Work
- GitLab Agile Planning Structures
|11:00a - 4:30p
||Planning Functions in GitLab
- Issues: The Starting Point for your Workflow
- Issues Keep Everyone Connected and Synchronized
- What Can you Expect on an Issue Page?
- Hands on Lab: Issues and Labels
- Hands on Lab: Quick Actions
- Why Milestones are Important
- The Use of Kanban Boards
- GitLab's Service Desk
- Utilizing Wikis
- Hands on Lab: Create a Wiki Page
- Hands on Lab: Epics and Kanban Boards
- Project Management Review Quiz
- Hands On Lab: Practice Lab 1
- Hands On Lab: Practice Lab 2
Prerequisite Knowledge and Skills
Attendees should already be familiar at a basic knowledge level with the following concepts:
- Agile development
- Source code management
Laptop with internet access and git installed, per the requirements specified here.
Private Onsite Course
for up to 12 attendees per session for standard non-customized live training
Private Course Options
- Remote for your team: $5000 per 6- to 8-hour standard course, up to 12 attendees recommended; DevOps Fundamentals Course remote delivery pricing is $20,000 and will be spread out over multiple remote sessions
- At your site: $7000 per day for up to 20 attendees, plus travel expenses for each instructor
This course can be customized. Pricing will be based on the scope of customization you need.