GitLab 5.1 released
Today we release GitLab v5.1 live from Railsberry with 4 major improvements.
The 4 most important improvements in GitLab 5.1
- Notification settings. You can choose from 3 levels of notifications for every project.
- Backup functionality was refactored. Now we backup attachments, write hooks in restored projects and update ssh permissions on restore.
- Network graph becomes even cooler. Now with vertical orientation, commit messages and much more.
- Improved performance and reduced memory consumption, among other things by switching the application server from Unicorn to Puma.
This release most valuable person (MVP) is Hiroyuki Sato for contributing the improved Network Graph, thanks Hiroyuki!
- Notification settings
- Login with username
- File history now tracks renames
- Show last commit on top of tree view
- Unicorn replaced with Puma
- Admin has access to all projects now
- Several fixes to prevent XSS
- Dashboard performance
- Merge Request diff dump
- Backup tools
- Project transfer
Miscellaneous Usability & UI improvements and more.
Important upgrade note
We've fixed some bugs in the diff view for merge requests. Merge requests that were closed before the upgrade will display "Nothing to merge" after the upgrade. This can't be prevented, please make sure you don't need to revisit any closed merge requests before upgrading. Open merge requests are not affected, they will display the correct diff view.
For new setup follow Setup Guide
For update instructions see Update Guide
No time to upgrade or maintain Gitlab yourself? GitLab.com offers upgrade consulting services and support subscriptions.