GitLab 5.4 released
Today we release GitLab v5.4. There are not many new features because we are getting close to GitLab v6.0 (to be released on August 22). Nevertheless we hope you will enjoy the tracking of participants in Issues, email notifications for mentions and the ability to edit comments!
The 3 most important improvements in GitLab 5.4
This release's most valuable person (MVP) is Javier Castro for contributing the issue participant notification feature. Thanks Javier!
- Ability to edit own comments
- Allow project imports via git:// URLs
- Show participants on issues, including mentions
- Notify mentioned users with email
- Documentation improvements
- Improve dashboard projects page
- GitLab Markdown help page
- Increase snippet content column size
- Fixed nav for empty repos
- Fix PostgreSQL database restoration problem
- Misspelling fixes
- Added client list to API doc
- Added support of unicorn and fog gems
This release should be an easy upgrade from 5.3. Please use the upgrade guide doc :)
For new setup follow Setup Guide
For update instructions see Update Guide
No time to upgrade or maintain Gitlab yourself? GitLab.com offers upgrade consulting services and support subscriptions.
We want to hear from you
Enjoyed reading this blog post or have questions or feedback? Share your thoughts by creating a new topic in the GitLab community forum.Share your feedback