Today we are releasing the versions 8.8.5, 8.7.7, 8.6.9, 8.5.13, 8.4.11, 8.3.10 and 8.2.6 for GitLab Community Edition (CE) and Enterprise Edition (EE).
These versions contain a number of security fixes, and we recommend that all GitLab installations be upgraded to one of these versions.
Please read on for more details.
8.8.5 includes the following fixes:
- CE/EE: Import GitHub repositories respecting the API rate limit (!4166)
- CE/EE: Fix todos page throwing errors when you have a project pending deletion (!4300)
- CE/EE: Disable Webhooks before proceeding with the GitHub import (!4470)
- CE/EE: Fix importer for GitHub comments on diff (!4488)
- CE/EE: Adjust the SAML control flow to allow LDAP identities to be added to an existing SAML user (!4498)
- CE/EE: Fix incremental trace upload API when using multi-byte UTF-8 chars in trace (!4541)
In addition, 8.8.5, 8.7.7, 8.6.9, 8.5.13, 8.4.11, 8.3.10 and 8.2.6 include the following security fixes:
Unauthorized access to project build traces
It was possible for users to view build traces, possibly exposing sensitive information to other users. See the issue for more details.
Thanks to Madhu Akula for responsibly disclosing this issue to us.
Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in Wiki pages
Thanks to Jobert Abma of HackerOne for responsibly disclosing this issue to us.
Unauthorized access to notes in confidential issues
Notes in confidential issues could be viewed in JSON form by unauthorized users. See the issue for more details.
This version does not include any migrations, and should not require any downtime.
Please be aware that by default the Omnibus packages will stop, run migrations,
and start again, no matter how “big” or “small” the upgrade is. This behavior
can be changed by adding a
To update, check out our update page.
Interested in GitLab Enterprise Edition? Check out the features exclusive to EE.
Access to GitLab Enterprise Edition is included with a subscription. No time to upgrade GitLab yourself? Subscribers receive upgrade and installation services.