Scheduling Upgrade Assistance
The GitLab support team is here to help. As a part of our Priority Support we offer Upgrade Assistance.
That is, we'll review your upgrade and rollback plans and provide feedback and suggestions to help increase the likelihood of a smooth upgrade.
Upgrade Assistance is part of the Priority Support package that lets you work directly with a GitLab Support Engineer during the planning of a self-hosted GitLab instance upgrade between release versions. As part of Upgrade Assistance, a GitLab Support Engineer will:
- Review and provide feedback on the upgrade plan you provide
- Review and provide feedback on the rollback plan you provide
- Optionally you may request the engineer host a 30 minute screen share session to review the upgrade and rollback plans synchronously with you.
This must be requested and scheduled with the engineer in advance.
The purpose of the call is to provide final review and help familiarize you with the steps prior to initiating the upgrade. Engineers will not be engaged synchronously during the upgrade timeframe.
"Upgrade" in this sense does not include:
- migrations between GitLab distributions (e.g. GitLab CE to GitLab EE)
- migrations between GitLab architectures (e.g. GitLab Omnibus to GitLab Helm)
- scaling current architecture (e.g. GitLab 5k Reference architecture to GitLab 20k Reference Architecture)
- moving data between GitLab installations (e.g. migrating from GitLab self-managed to GitLab.com)
- adding additional GitLab features (e.g. adding a GitLab Geo replica)
In short, Upgrade Assistance is simply for moving from one GitLab point release to a newer GitLab point release on the same server.