If you haven't received your confirmation email, you can request to resend your confirmation instructions via our confirmation page.
We want to make it as easy as possible for GitLab users to become GitLab contributors, so we created this contribution guide to help you get started. You will find step-by-step instructions to contribute to development, documentation, translation, and design.
- GitLab Documentation: documents all GitLab applications.
- GitLab Forum: get help directly from the community.
- GitLab University: contains a variety of resources for learning Git and GitLab.
- The GitLab Cookbook: written by core team member Jeroen van Baarsen, it is the most comprehensive book about GitLab.
- GitLab Recipes: A range of useful unofficial guides to using non-packaged software in conjunction with GitLab.
- Learn Enough Git to Be Dangerous by Michael Hartl: is a great introduction to version control and git.
- Version two of the Pro Git book has a section about GitLab.
- O'Reilly Media 'Git for teams' book has a chapter on GitLab. There are also videos about Git and GitLab. They also provide a free video about creating a GitLab account.
- GitLab YouTube Channel: the place where you can see videos of features and installation options.
Licensing and Subscriptions
Other community run resources for discussion
- GitLab Community Forum: this is the best place to have a discussion.
- GitLab Community Discord: a Discord community for contributors and community support.
- Stack Overflow: Please search for similar issues before posting your own, as there's a good chance somebody else had the same issue as you and has already found a solution.
- #gitlab Libera IRC channel: a Libera channel to get in touch with other GitLab users and get help.
- The responsible disclosure page describes how to contact GitLab to report security vulnerabilities and other security information.
- The security section in the documentation lists what you can do to further secure your GitLab instance.
- The Trust & Safety page describes how to contact GitLab to report abuse on the platform, including phishing pages, malware, and DMCA requests.
- The GitLab Trust Center provides our security and privacy FAQs, as well as how to contact our security team.
For details on where to get Technical Support, and with what level of service, please see the Support page.