Our goal is to make GitLab the best place for open source projects to thrive at scale. Apart from offering our top tiers for free to qualifying open source projects, we have also partnered with some of the world's most popular open source projects to work together on achieving this goal.
The GitLab Open Source Partners program seeks to build relationships with prominent members of our open source ecosystem. Through our partnership, we aim to gain insight to help us build a better product and navigate the challenges of being an open core, for-profit company. We also aim to create greater outreach through co-marketing and special initiatives.
- Featured on GitLab for Open Source program page
- Migration support
- Exclusive invitations to participate in GitLab events
- Visibility and promotion through GitLab marketing channels
- Direct line of communication to GitLab
- Be a current member of our GitLab for Open Source program or be a user of GitLab's Community Edition
- Have a large community and user base, or be a prominent dependency project
- Engage in co-marketing with Gitlab and agree to complete a case study
- Plan and participate in joint initiatives and events
- Encourage sustained contributions during the year (as measured by merged MRs)