The Manager, Accounting Operations helps drive operational improvements within the finance department, developing a highly efficient, world class accounting process.
Manager, Accounting Operations
The Manager, Accounting Operations is a grade 8.
- Supervise accounting staff on daily tasks.
- Provide training to new and existing staff as needed.
- Ensure an accurate and timely month end close by providing management and support to the accounting close process. This role includes serving as a hands-on team member responsible for performing and reviewing transactions.
- Assist with daily banking requirements. Monitor and forecast cash position.
- Enforce proper accounting policies and processes.
- Assist in development and implementation of new procedures to enhance the workflow of the department.
- Responds to inquiries from the CFO, Controller, and company wide managers regarding financial results, special reporting requests and the like.
- Assist in preparing for and managing annual external audit. Coordinate with other auditors as needed.
- Support overall department goals.
- This person will initially coordinate third party providers. Over time this person will be expected to build and manage a team.
- Proven work experience as an Accounting Manager or similar managent role.
- Actively contribute to the career development of the team and culture, encouraging team work.
- Working knowledge of GAAP and financial statements.
- Must have experience with Netsuite.
- Proficient with excel and google sheets.
- International experience preferred.
- Detail-oriented and able to effectively complete tasks with minimal supervision.
- Proficiency with GitLab.
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
- Successful completion of a background check.
- Leadership at GitLab
- Ability to use GitLab
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find their job title on our team page.
- Selected candidates will be invited to schedule a 30 minute screening call with our Global Recruiters
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a 45 minute interview with our Controller
- Candidates will then be invited to schedule a 45 minute interview with our CFO
- Finally, candidates may be asked to interview with the CEO
- Successful candidates will subsequently be made an offer via email
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
The next step in the Accounting Operations job family is to move to the Controller job family.
To find out more about the compensation for this role, please
apply to a role
first. Once selected for a screening call, you'll be able to sign up here to view our
Be sure to use the same email address for both.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is
a community project to which over 2,200 people worldwide have contributed.
We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs
and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can
contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative
work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom,
efficiency, self-learning, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, inclusion and belonging,
boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality,
work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our
primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of
life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 Reasons to Work for GitLab:
- Mission: Everyone can contribute
- Results: Fast growth, ambitious vision
- Flexible Work Hours so you are there for other people and free to plan
- Transparency: over 2,000 webpages in GitLab handbook, GitLab Unfiltered
- Iteration: empower people to be effective, Merge Request rate, everyone using the product, DRI, have an impact
- Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging: high percentage of women,
Team Member Resource Groups, other initiatives
- Collaboration: kindness, saying thanks, intentionally organize informal communication, no ego
- Compensation: pay at or above the 50th percentile, stock options, office equipment
- Work/Life Harmony: don't compete on hours worked, flexible workday, Friends and Family days
- Remote Done Right: all remote, prolific inventor of best practices
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks
like? Check out our remote manifesto and guides.