- You are here:
- Finance Roles
- Manager, Data
- Manage our data warehouse so it can support data analysis and operational requirements from all functional groups
- Work with Product to operate and analyze a unified data ecosystem that includes our SaaS, Telemetry, and other usage data
- Be the data expert supporting cross-functional teams, gathering data from various sources, and enabling automated reporting to democratize data across the company
- Hold regular 1:1’s with all members of the Data Team
- Triage and manage development priorities of analytics dashboards and data pipelines
- Represent the Data Team in different company functions - be an advocate for holistic dataflow systems thinking
- Create and execute a plan to develop and mature our ability to measure and optimize usage growth and our user journey
- Regularly give Data group conversations and participate in Monthly KPI meetings
- Implement the DataOps philosophy in everything you do
- Collaborate with all functions of the company to ensure data needs are addressed
- Build upon and document our common data framework so that all data can be connected and analyzed
- This position reports to the Director of Business Operations
- 2+ years hands on experience in a data analytics/engineering/science role
- 2+ years managing a team of 2 or more data analysts/engineers/scientists
- Experience working with leadership to define and measure KPIs and other operating metrics
- Experience growing a team in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Demonstrably deep understanding of SQL and relational databases (we use Snowflake)
- Ability to reason holistically about end-to-end data systems: from ETL to Analysis to Reporting
- Hands on experience working with Python
- Experience building and maintaining data pipelines (Airflow preferred)
- Experience building reports and dashboards in a data visualization tool (we use Periscope)
- Experience with open source data warehouse tools
- Be passionate about data, analytics, and automation, especially in applying software engineering principles to data science and analytics
- Experience working with large quantities of raw, disorganized data
- Experience with Salesforce, Zuora, Zendesk and Marketo
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Share and work in accordance with our values
- Must be able to work in alignment with Americas timezones
- Successful completion of a background check
- Leadership at GitLab
Performance Indicators (PI)
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find her/his job title on our team page.
- Selected candidates will be invited to schedule a screening call with our Global Recruiters
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a first interview with our Director of Business Operations
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a second interview with our Finance Operations and Planning Lead
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule one or more interviews with members of the BizOps team
- Finally, candidates may be asked to interview with our CFO or CEO
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
Please note that if we are actively hiring for a position, you will see it
listed on our jobs page, where all of our current openings are
advertised. To apply, please click on the name of the role you are
interested in, which will take you to our applicant tracking system (ATS),
Avoid the confidence gap; you do not have to match all the listed
requirements exactly to apply. Our hiring process is described in more
detail in our hiring handbook.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is
a community project to which over 1,000 people worldwide have contributed.
We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs
and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can
contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative
work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom,
efficiency, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity and inclusion,
boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality,
work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our
primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of
life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan
the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head
office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and
can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released
as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and
don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured
we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks
like? Check out our remote manifesto.