- You are here:
- Finance Roles
- Manager, IT
- Build, scale and manage our IT Operations and Helpdesk teams to support our needs as distributed company
- Work with PeopleOps to enable smooth onboarding/offboarding of all team members, ensuring that
- All hardware is available day one
- Governance and deployment of software and SAAS is automated and aligned with GitLab policies
- IT Onboarding/101 are regulary conducted, and enable team members to get comfortable working in their new tools
- A clear channel of feedback to improve the efficacy of the above
- Be the IT Expert at GitLab - Come with Solutions, not a Practice of No
- Hold regular 1:1’s with all members of the IT Teams
- Triage and manage priorities of IT HelpDesk and Operations
- Represent the IT team in different company functions - be an advocate for modern, efficient, SIMPLE solutions
- Create and execute a plan to develop and mature our IT capabilities
- Regularly give IT group conversations
- Embed an asynchronous, distributed philosophy in everything you do
- Collaborate with all functions of the company to ensure IT needs are addressed
- This position reports to the Director of Business Operations
Performance Indicators (PI)
- 2+ years hands on experience in an IT Operations role, and experience managing or working service/support roles.
- 2+ years managing a team of 2 or more IT Administrators
- Experience working with leadership to execute on strategic IT investments, and creatively meeting the non-homogeneous needs of a technically savvy, specialized userbase in our R&D, go-to-market and G&A teams
- Contribute to and enable GitLab's operational strategy – enabling distributed and asynch operations, and empowering our end users to take direct action
- Experience growing a team in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Demonstrably deep understanding of IT Operations and Service/Support needs in a high-growth technology company
- Ability to reason holistically about end-to-end Enterprise ecosystems: from online sales portals to marketing tools to GCP
- Hands on experience working with Python
- Experience building and maintaining automation and integration of enterprise IT SaaS platforms
- Experience building corporate IT knowledge bases and writing policies/processes
- Experience with open source tools
- Be passionate about DevOps, or its principles, especially in applying software engineering principles to IT Operations and Services
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Share and work in accordance with our values
- Must be able to work in alignment with Americas timezones
- Successful completion of a background check
- Leadership at GitLab
- Ability to use GitLab
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find her/his job title on our team page.
- Selected candidates will be invited to schedule a screening call with our Global Recruiters
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a first interview with our Director of Business Operations
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a second interview with our Head of People Operations
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule one or more interviews with members of the BizOps team
- Finally, candidates may be asked to interview with our CFO or CEO
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
Please note that if we are actively hiring for a position, you will see it
listed on our jobs page, where all of our current openings are
advertised. To apply, please click on the name of the role you are
interested in, which will take you to our applicant tracking system (ATS),
Avoid the confidence gap; you do not have to match all the listed
requirements exactly to apply. Our hiring process is described in more
detail in our hiring handbook.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is
a community project to which over 1,000 people worldwide have contributed.
We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs
and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can
contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative
work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom,
efficiency, self-learning, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity and inclusion,
boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality,
work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our
primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of
life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan
the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head
office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and
can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released
as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and
don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured
we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks
like? Check out our remote manifesto and guides.