Analyst Relations Manager
The Analyst Relations Manager reports to Manager, Analyst Relations.
Analyst Relations Manager Job Grade
The Analyst Relations Manager is a grade 6.
Analyst Relations Manager Requirements
- Prior experience working with industry analysts and influencers in B2B enterprise software and services required.
- Specific, significant experience in an industry Analyst Relations role in enterprise software a plus.
- Understanding of how to build and maintain relationships with key influencers, leading industry analysts, and analyst firms.
- Prior, significant experience working with senior executives a plus.
- Prior experience negotiating contracts with Industry Analyst firms a plus.
- Excellent project and time management skills.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Self-starter with a strong sense of ownership.
- Able to prioritize in a complex, fast-paced and lean organization.
- Passion for helping build a world-class, innovative analyst relations program and desire to own and refine key operational processes
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values
- Ability to use GitLab
Analyst Relations Manager Responsibilities
- Help design, execute, and manage GitLab's overall industry analyst, influencer, and thought leader strategy and plan.
- Create, nurture, and manage positive relationships with industry analysts, industry influencers, and thought leaders, serving as a key, centralized contact point and connector.
- Establish and maintain regular communication with analysts and influencers via multiple channels which you will develop to engage and educate these communities on GitLab strategy, roadmap and product updates.
- Ensure all analysts and influencer advice informs all applicable business activities and that analyst/influencer/thought leader publications and/or other interactions mentioning GitLab are leveraged appropriately to help build market awareness, increase lead generation effectiveness, and simplify selling.
- Plan, schedule, and manage analyst/influencer program activities such as participation in analyst research, conferences, advisory days, briefings, inquiries, and reporting.
- Drive alignment with sales, marketing and product teams to maximize program impact.
- Schedule briefings, inquiries, demos and advisory days with key analysts and influencers, GitLab customers, and GitLab executives.
- Prioritize and manage incoming analyst requests for information, research support, research review, customer references, and event speakers.
- Respond to, serve, and manage internal requests for Industry Analyst/Influencer/Thought Leader interactions, publications, research, event support, and other requests as needed.
- Negotiate, secure, and manage contracts and related services ensuring they support both strategic and tactical, near term and future requirements. Ensure that contracted services are fully utilized.
- Support the GitLab reference program, market research activities, and serve as a program manager for the GitLab Thought Leadership Advisory Board.
Senior Analyst Relations Manager
The Senior Analyst Relations Manager reports to Manager, Analyst Relations.
Senior Analyst Relations Manager Job Grade
The Senior Analyst Relations Manager is a grade 7
Senior Analyst Relations Manager Responsibilities
- Extends that of the Analyst Relations Manager responsibilities
- Be a leader in working cross-functionally to drive the execution of analyst relations plans, aligning with other areas of marketing.
- Driving negotiations with industry analyst and related firms to consistently optimize spend.
- Be willing to act as a Senior leader on the Market Insights team, mentoring and guiding Analyst Relations Managers.
- Be a leader in building and driving process within the Market Insights team.
Senior Analyst Relations Manager Requirements
- Extends that of the Analyst Relations Manager requirements
- 5+ years of specific, significant experience in an industry Analyst Relations Manager role in enterprise software.
- Proven ability to build and drive a budget and forecast spend.
- Specific experience in garnering industry analyst interest and coverage.
- Strong orientation to managing program details.
Staff Analyst Relations Manager
The Staff Analyst Relations Manager reports to Manager, Analyst Relations.
Staff Analyst Relations Manager Job Grade
The Staff Analyst Relations Manager is a grade 8.
Staff Analyst Relations Manager Requirements
- Extends that of the Senior Analyst Relations Manager requirements
- Strong analytical skills and proven ability to use data to optimize program performance and inform future strategies.
- Plan and operate in a transparent manner for cross-organizational visibility and be a leader in sharing best practices with other Market Research and Customer Insights team members.
- Experience organizing industry analyst events that both support industry analyst research efforts and provide insights back into all applicable business activities.
- Experience developing internal analyst relations training programs and maintaining consistent internal and external communications of analyst relations activities.
Staff Analyst Relations Manager Responsibilities
- Extends that of the Senior Analyst Relations Manager responsibilities
- 10+ years specific, significant experience in an industry Analyst Relations role in enterprise software.
- Ability to easily transition from high level strategic thinking to creative and detailed execution.
- Excellent communicator with proven ability to clearly convey ideas and data in written and verbal presentations to a variety of audiences.
- Ability and interest to design, build, implement, and use data-driven mechanisms to simplify and speed decision making regarding analyst relations activities.
Manager, Analyst Relations
The Manager, Analyst Relations reports to Manager, Market Insights.
Manager, Analyst Relations Job Grade
The Manager, Analyst Relations is a grade 8.
Manager, Analyst Relations Requirements
- Extends that of the Staff Analyst Relations Manager requirements
Manager, Analyst Relations Responsibilities
- Extends that of the Staff Analyst Relations Manager responsibilities
- Recruit, coach and manage Analyst Relations team members to live our values.
- Set team direction, staff for scale and develop the skills and career paths of all team members.
- Ensure all our Analyst Relations team members are very effective.
- Promote and identify underperformance proactively.
- Own the quality, effectiveness and performance of the Analyst Relations team results.
- Measure and improve the happiness and productivity of the team.
The next step in the Analyst Relations job family is not yet defined at GitLab.
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find their job title on our team page.
- Qualified candidates will be invited to schedule a screening call with one of our Global Recruiters.
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a 45 minute interview with a Senior Product Marketing Manager
- Then, candidates will be invited to schedule a 45 minute interview with an Analyst Relations Manager
- Candidates will then be invited to schedule a 45 minute interview with our VP of Product or a Director of Product.
- Following that, candidates will be invited to schedule a 45 minute interview with our Manager, Market Insights.
- Then, Candidates will be invited to schedule a 45 minute interview with our VP of Product Marketing.
- Finally, selected candidates may be asked to interview with our CMO and/or CEO.
- Successful candidates will subsequently be made an offer via email.
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is
a community project to which over 2,200 people worldwide have contributed.
We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs
and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can
contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative
work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom,
efficiency, self-learning, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, inclusion and belonging,
boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality,
work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our
primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of
life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan
the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head
office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and
can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released
as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and
don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured
we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks
like? Check out our remote manifesto and guides.