Manager, Brand Growth
The Manager, Brand Growth reports to the Director, Brand.
Manager, Brand Growth Job Grade
The Brand Manager is a grade 8.
Manager, Brand Growth Responsibilities
- Identify how our brand is currently positioned in the market and develop a reporting process to document the progress of our brand
- Implement brand measurement systems so the value of our brand can be easily tracked
- Oversee the brand message creation process, as well as make sure the copy on our web properties align with the message
- Develop and execute marketing campaigns aimed at communicating our brand message
- Educate and communicate our brand personality internally and align company around the message
- Develop brand guidelines and communication programs so entities outside of GitLab, can easily understand how to use our brand
- Brand management for international expansion, including production of brand guidelines in collaboration with the Brand team.
- Measure and report on success of brand marketing campaigns
- Oversee merchandise management
- Provide support with brand team process establishment and documentation
- Lead Brand Growth Content team
Manager, Brand Growth Requirements
- Ability to use GitLab
- 5-7 years experience in a brand strategy role
- Knowledge of brand tracking and brand measurement systems
- Capability to coordinate across many teams and perform in fast-moving startup environment
- Understand and be able to express the value of GitLab as a brand entity
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills
- You embrace our values, and work in accordance with those values.
- Develop pre-event, at-event, and post-event marketing plans in conjunction with product marketing, content, alliances, demand generation and field teams.
- Advance, maintain, and manage external partners and vendors for multiple events and swag, including negotiating optimal terms.
- Partner with internal cross-functional teams to create event agendas, campaigns, and content that meet engagement targets.
- Oversee creation of event communications and promotion for event programs, in partnership with demand generation and sales development teams, to drive attendance.
- Develop and deliver event enablement to include pre-event briefings, at-event briefings, and drive post-event follow-up briefings and event retrospectives.
- Executing overall brand strategy and brand campaign initiatives
- Collaborating effectively and receiving overall buy-in internally
- Reporting on metrics on brand campaigns to show that our brand is trending upwards.
- The next step in the Corporate Events job family is not yet defined at GitLab.
Candidates for these positions can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find their job title on our team page.
- Qualified candidates will be invited to schedule a 30 minute screening call with one of our Global Recruiters
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a first interview with the Hiring Manager
- Next, candidates will be invited to interview with 2-5 team members
- There may be a final executive interview
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
To find out more about the compensation for this role, please
apply to a role
first. Once selected for a screening call, you'll be able to sign up here to view our
Be sure to use the same email address for both.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is
a community project to which over 2,200 people worldwide have contributed.
We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs
and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can
contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative
work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom,
efficiency, self-learning, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, inclusion and belonging,
boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality,
work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our
primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of
life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 Reasons to Work for GitLab:
- Mission: Everyone can contribute
- Results: Fast growth, ambitious vision
- Flexible Work Hours: Plan your day so you are there for other people & have time for personal interests
- Transparency: Over 2,000 webpages in GitLab handbook, GitLab Unfiltered YouTube channel
- Iteration: Empower people to be effective & have an impact, Merge Request rate, We dogfood our own product, Directly responsible individuals
- Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging: A focus on gender parity,
Team Member Resource Groups, other initiatives
- Collaboration: Kindness, saying thanks, intentionally organize informal communication, no ego
- Total Rewards: Competitive market rates for compensation, Equity compensation, global benefits (inclusive of office equipment)
- Work/Life Harmony: Flexible workday, Friends and Family days
- Remote Done Right: One of the world's largest all-remote companies, prolific inventor of remote best practices
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks
like? Check out our remote manifesto and guides.