The Manager of Marketing Programs for GitLab should have a background and hands-on experience in all areas of marketing programs: campaign organization and planning email marketing, marketing operations, ABM, and integrated campaigns. They will have experience managing marketing teams and working with all teams within the larger marketing department. They should also be able to maintain a budget, use analytics tools, CRM, MAT, and other marketing tools, and have a data-driven approach to marketing. Experience in marketing operations and marketing project management are also helpful in this role.
- Develop and execute high-impact, integrated B2B demand generation programs to achieve revenue and pipeline goals.
- Strategize campaign calendar and delegation of campaign planning within the marketing programs team.
- Work cross-functionally across the marketing organization as well as sales and other teams to design and orchestrate impactful, targeted marketing programs.
- Manage, build, and lead a strong team by coaching and developing existing members and closing talent gaps where needed through acquisition of new team members.
- Build and implement marketing programs strategy—understand key partnerships within organization to drive full funnel of customer acquisition, retention, and upsell.
- Lead effort to create standardized marketing reporting and dashboards, presenting performance to the marketing department as well as stakeholders throughout the company.
- Oversee our campaign calendar and communicate to marketing team and larger organization, maximizing for return on marketing spend.
- Leadership at GitLab
- 5-7 years of enterprise software marketing experience.
- 2+ years of experience hiring, onboarding, and managing marketing teams.
- Driven self-starter with proven track record of project managing and executing integrated marketing campaigns.
- Background in driving targeted acquisition, retention, upsell, and cross-sell marketing campaigns.
- Strong skills in demand generation, marketing programs, marketing operations, and reporting.
- Experience working cross-functionally with sales development to drive cohesive engagement with marketing-driven leads.
- Ability to construct lifecycle reports and dashboards in Salesforce and other reporting tools.
- Excellent organizational skills to juggle many tasks without losing sight of the highest priority items.
- Power user of Marketo and Salesforce.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, including to executive leadership
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to influence and motivate people at all levels across a broad variety of job functions.
- Ability to use GitLab
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find their job title on our team page.
- Qualified candidates receive a short questionnaire from our Global Recruiters.
- What would differentiate you and make you a great marketing program manager for GitLab?
- What is your knowledge of the space that GitLab is in? (e.g. industry trends).
- Generally, how would you describe the communication preferences of developers and technical IT management?
- Selected candidates will be invited to schedule a screening call with one of our Global Recruiters.
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a series of 45 minute interviews with team members Digital Marketing, Marketing Programs, Marketing Ops, and Revenue Marketing.
- Candidates will then be invited to schedule 45 minute interviews with our Senior Director of Reevnue Marketing and possibly our CMO.
- Finally, our CEO may choose to conduct a final interview.
- Successful candidates will subsequently be made an offer via email.
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is
a community project to which over 2,200 people worldwide have contributed.
We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs
and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can
contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative
work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom,
efficiency, self-learning, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, inclusion and belonging,
boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality,
work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our
primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of
life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan
the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head
office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and
can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released
as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and
don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured
we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks
like? Check out our remote manifesto and guides.