GitLab is looking for an enthusiastic and strategic Sales Development Representative (SDR), to join our growing Revenue Marketing team. As a SDR at GitLab, you get the opportunity to lead the initial outreach to targeted (Commercial or Enterprise) accounts working in conjunction with the Field and Digital Marketing teams.
In this role you will leverage creative marketing and sales tactics to prospect and engage with multiple buyer personas and roles to introduce GitLab’s value. You will be responsible for generating qualified meetings and pipeline for the GitLab’s Sales organization.
We have an extensive onboarding and training program at GitLab and you will be provided with necessary DevOps and GitLab knowledge to fulfill your role.
- Effectively manage inbound lead flow as well as executing outbound prospecting initiatives
- Conduct high-level discovery conversations in target accounts
- Meet or exceed SDR sourced Sales Accepted Opportunity (SAO) volume targets
- Collaborate with and leverage teammates to develop targeted lists, call strategies, and messaging to drive opportunities
- Utilize business and industry knowledge to research accounts, identify key players, generate interest, create/identify compelling events, and develop accounts
- Work to have a variety of touches (call, email, social, etc.) on all leads in your assigned territory using Outreach.io
- Manage, track, and report on all activities and results using Salesforce
- Participate in documenting all processes in the GitLab handbook and update as needed with your Sales Development Manager
- Work in collaboration with Field and Corporate Marketing to drive attendance at regional marketing events
- Attend field marketing events to engage with participants identify opportunities, and to schedule meetings
- Act as a mentor for new SDR hires in helping them navigate their key accounts
- Work in collaboration with Digital Marketing to develop targeted marketing tactics against your assigned target accounts
- We’re a diverse team and we’re looking for you to bring your own unique flavor to the SDR role!
- Excited by the prospect of working cross-functionally with sales and different marketing departments. You'll have exposure to different departments like Sales, Marketing, Finance, Recruiting, Enablement, Engineering, etc. which will help you determine your career path at GitLab.
- Positive and energetic phone skills, excellent listening skills, strong writing skills
- A self-starter with a track record of successful, credible achievements
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values
- Knowledge of business process, roles, and organizational structure
- Determined personality with a desire to grow and win
- Passionate about being a part of GitLab’s journey
- Proficient in using Salesforce and LinkedIn
- 2+ years work experience in a professional environment
- Previous tech industry experience or experience in sales development, marketing and/or sales is a plus
- Outbound prospecting experience is a plus
- Globally we require excellent written and spoken English which is our company language
- If in EMEA, fluency in spoken and written German or French or other European languages will be an advantage
- If in LATAM, fluency in Portuguese and Spanish is required
- Ability to use GitLab
Upon successful completion of SDR Onboarding the SDR will be SDR Level I.
The SDR 1 is a grade 5.
- Learning and Development: Pass SDR Technical Development Training Level I and Training Level II
- Performance: Consecutively meet or exceed quotas for two quarters after achieving SDR Level I. This does not include ramped months.
The SDR 2 is a grade 5.
- Complete requirements for previous SDR levels
- Learning and Development: Pass SDR Technical Development Training Level I, Training Level II and Training Level III
- Performance: Consecutively meet or exceed quotas for two quarters after achieving SDR Level II. This does not include ramped months.
The SDR 3 is a grade 5.
- Complete requirements for previous SDR levels
- Learning and Development: Pass SDR Technical Development Training Level I and Training Level II Training Level III
- Performance: Consecutively meet or exceed quotas for two quarters after achieving SDR Level III. This does not include ramped months.
- The Team Lead role is based on business need and will be posted if/when there is a need.
SDR Performance Expectations
After one quarter of performing at a combined attainment of 80% or less of goal the SDR will receive a written warning of their performance. If in month 4 the SDR does not meet or exceed 80% of their combined goal they will go on a 30-day performance management plan. Performance management interventions are implemented by the SDR’s direct manager. Attainment is not the only reason for a performance improvement plan, additional information about GitLab code of conduct can be found here and how GitLab manages underperformance is detailed here.
The SDR Team Lead is a grade 6.
As a member of the Sales Development Representative (SDR), Acceleration Team, you will work closely with the Field & Digital Marketing teams to accelerate prospect time-to-value. Proven outbound SDR or marketing experience is a must. You will also need to be well-versed with the DevOps conversations, GitLab value drivers, and account-based marketing (ABM) strategies. In addition to thinking creatively, you’ll need to have exceptional organizational and time management skills. Acceleration SDRs will be responsible for executing while planning and maintaining a roadmap for future campaigns.
The SDR, Acceleration is a grade 6.
- Works with the GitLab field, digital, and product marketing teams to create targeted regional campaigns
- Creates outbound campaign content based on the Command of Message (CoM) Framework and GitLab Value Drivers
- Be able to identify where a prospect is in the sales and marketing funnel and nurture appropriately
- Builds Account & Prospect Target Lists based on our ideal customer profile attributes
- Executes targeted campaigns in specified regions
- Schedule qualified meetings for Regional Sales and Sales Development Teams
- 24 months of sales, outbound SDR, or related experience
- Proficient with the CoM framework, GitLab value drivers, and SDR tools
- Understanding of Account-based (ABM), Digital, and Field Marketing concepts
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills
- “Always-on” customer focus
The next step in the Sales Development Representative job family is to move to any of the following job families: Manager, Sales Development (Enterprise), Manager, Sales Development (Small and Mid-Market), Inside Sales Representative, or Account Executive, Mid-Market.
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find their job title on our team page.
- Selected candidates will be invited to schedule a screening call with one of our Global Recruiters
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a first interview with the SDR Manager for the region they have applied for
- Candidates will then be invited to schedule an interview with a regional leader
- Following successful interviews, candidates will then be invited to complete a final writing assessment
- Successful candidates will subsequently be made an offer via phone or video
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is
a community project to which over 2,200 people worldwide have contributed.
We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs
and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can
contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative
work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom,
efficiency, self-learning, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, inclusion and belonging,
boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality,
work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our
primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of
life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan
the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head
office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and
can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released
as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and
don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured
we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks
like? Check out our remote manifesto and guides.