- You are here:
- Marketing Roles
- Sales Development Representative
If you love talking about tech, learning about the latest and greatest, and want to continue to grow your career in software sales, GitLab's Sales Development Rep role could be a role worth exploring for you. In addition to having an affinity for tech and experience in sales, we want to build a team that thrives on asking questions, addressing challenges, and nurturing customers. A successful SDR will take initiative to meet sales goals, qualify leads, build positive and lasting relationships with prospective clients, and support future and existing clients in their adoption of GitLab. Most importantly, our marketing team, including SDRs will use GitLab itself to document and update sales best practices and the company handbook. As part of our marketing organization, the SDR will report to the SDR Lead, and will work very closely with both Strategic Account Executives and Regional Sales Directors.
- Twelve months minimum experience in sales or client success in a software/tech company
- An understanding of B2B software sales, open source software, and the developer product space
- Affinity for software and knowledge of the software development process
- Ability to carefully listen
- Desire for a continued career in software sales
- Passionate about technology and strong desire to learn
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values
- Exceptional written and verbal English communication skills
Senior Sales Development Representative
As a Senior Sales Development Representative (SDR) you will develop interest in GitLab among the largest accounts served by our Strategic Account Leaders. In addition, it is expected that you will lead the SDR team from the front in every way that the team is measured. You will be a source of knowledge and best practices amongst the outbound SDRs, and will help to train, onboard, and mentor new SDRs.
- Meet or exceed Senior Sales Development Representative (SDR) sourced Sales Accepted Opportunity (SAO) volume targets.
- Act as a mentor for new SDR hires in helping them to learn the prospecting tools, processes, messaging and to navigate their key accounts.
- Review/work accounts in the strategic segment in alignment with GitLab's go-to-market priorities.
- Work in collaboration with Online Marketing to develop targeted marketing tactics against your assigned target accounts.
- Work in collaboration with Field Marketing to drive attendance at field marketing events.
- Attend field marketing events to engage with participants, identify opportunities and to schedule meetings.
- Work in collaboration with Content and Product Marketing to develop effective messaging for outbound communications.
- Work with Regional Sales Directors to identify and prioritize key accounts to develop.
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find her/his job title on our team page.
- Qualified candidates receive a short questionnaire from our Global Recruiters
- Selected candidates will be invited to schedule a screening call with our Global Recruiters
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a first interview with the SDR Team Lead for the region they have applied for
- Candidates will then be invited to schedule an interview with our Director of Sales Development
- Candidates may be invited to interview with the Regional Director of Sales for the region
- Finally, selected candidates may be asked to interview with our CEO
- Successful candidates will subsequently be made an offer via email
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
Please note that if we are actively hiring for a position, you will see it listed on our jobs page, where all of our current openings are advertised. To apply, please click on the name of the role you are interested in, which will take you to our applicant tracking system (ATS), Lever.
Avoid the confidence gap; you do not have to match all the listed requirements exactly to apply. Our hiring process is described in more detail in our hiring handbook.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is a community project to which over 1,000 people worldwide have contributed. We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom, efficiency, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality, work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks like? Check out our remote manifesto.