The Director of Professional Services provides the strategic vision and leads service delivery for GitLab’s Professional Services Organization. Reporting to the Vice President of Customer Success, the leader is responsible for developing strategies and operations to deliver best-in-class services (i.e., consulting, implementation and educational services) to help customers accelerate their DevOps transformation. The Director of Professional Services works to build and scale a services business, in a bold, fast-moving, transparent and values-led organization to enable customer and company success.
The Director, Professional Services is a grade 10.
- Develop strategic plans to build and evolve GitLab’s product and transformational service offerings
- Create service offerings aligned to enterprise and commercial market segments, including value positioning, scope of services, collateral and pricing.
- Lead delivery of consulting, education and implementation services to our customers, overseeing resource management, project delivery and operational success metrics.
- Be accountable for services financial goals and metrics, including bookings, revenue, gross margin and utilization.
- Own operational metrics, such as time-to-value, customer satisfaction and on-time completion of projects.
- Build and scale global service operations (i.e., people, process, systems and tools) to deliver a best-in-class customer experience while building an effective and efficient delivery methodologies
- Act as an evangelist for services, assisting sales with selling and serving as an executive sponsor for our strategic customers
- Develop and manage the partner strategy and ecosystem in partnership with our Channel team to maintain a global network of certified partners that deliver with consistent quality
- Demonstrated progressive experience managing, leading and/or delivering professional services
- Proven experience building and leading a team of 25+ people in fast-paced, growing company
- Demonstrated progressive experience with a subscription-based business model, delivering on-premises and SaaS solutions
- Experience managing technical, cross-functional professional services teams (e.g., consulting, implementation, trainers, project managers) and delivery partners
- Demonstrated experience building and scaling a professional services business with accountability for financial targets
- Experienced with software development lifecycle (i.e., SDLC), agile, DevOps, software development tools, technologies (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes), and/or cloud platforms (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Ability to be an evangelist for GitLab customers and serve according to GitLab’s values
- Ability to travel up to 20%
- Ability to use GitLab
As with all roles in the Sales Department the Director of Professional Services participates in the Sales KPIs.
The Senior Director, Professional Services is a grade 11.
- Demonstrated progressive experience managing, leading and/or delivering professional or consulting services globally
- Proven experience building and leading a team of 50+ people in a fast-paced, growing company
- Demonstrated experience building and scaling a professional services business
- Completion of initiatives to improve quality, reliability and repeatability of services
- Financial success for the Professional Services organization (i.e., bookings, revenue, project and gross margin, revenue per employee and billable employee)
- Delivery metrics (i.e., customer satisfaction, on-time delivery, utilization)
The next steps for the Director, Professional Services Job Family would be to move into the VP, Customer Success Job Family.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is
a community project to which over 2,200 people worldwide have contributed.
We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs
and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can
contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative
work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom,
efficiency, self-learning, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, inclusion and belonging,
boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality,
work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our
primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of
life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 Reasons to Work for GitLab:
- Mission: Everyone can contribute
- Results: Fast growth, ambitious vision
- Flexible Work Hours so you are there for other people and free to plan
- Transparency: over 2,000 webpages in GitLab handbook, GitLab Unfiltered
- Iteration: empower people to be effective, Merge Request rate, everyone using the product, DRI, have an impact
- Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging: high percentage of women,
Team Member Resource Groups, other initiatives
- Collaboration: kindness, saying thanks, intentionally organize informal communication, no ego
- Compensation: pay at or above the 50th percentile, stock options, office equipment
- Work/Life Harmony: don't compete on hours worked, flexible workday, Friends and Family days
- Remote Done Right: all remote, prolific inventor of best practices
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks
like? Check out our remote manifesto and guides.