Inside Sales Representative
The Inside Sales Representative is a grade 6.
- Inside Sales Representative will report to an Inside Sales Manager.
- Ensure healthy weekly activity: calls, leads, demos, and opportunity progression (MEDPPIC).
- Review weekly forecast and business outcomes with sales leaders. This includes win/loss analysis so we can iterate approach based on our success and failures.
- Manage sales order processing including monitoring the system to ensure accurate receipt booking of sales orders, tracking sales shipment, delivery.
- Responsible for all renewals of all contracts and upgrades in your territory.
- Improve and maintain Salesforce structure for accurate sub accounts (groups/programs), opportunities and contacts.
- Collaborates regionally and globally in developing/enhancing standardized processes, reports, and sales programs that facilitate efficient sales operations, effective sales execution, and improved management insight. This includes ensuring the GitLab sales handbook is followed and/or modified when necessary.
- A true desire to see customers benefit from the investment they make with you
- 5+ years of experience with B2B software sales
- Experience selling into large organizations
- Interest in GitLab, and open source software
- Ability to leverage established relationships and proven sales techniques for success
- Effective communicator, strong interpersonal skills
- Motivated, driven and results oriented
- Excellent negotiation, presentation and closing skills
- Preferred experience with Git, Software Development Tools, Application Lifecycle Management
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
- Ability to use GitLab
Public Sector Inside Sales Representative
The Public Sector Inside Sales Representative is a grade 6.
- Work with government contract officers to ensure RFQ’s are responded and closed in a timely manner. This would include working with the Public Sector Inside Sales Manager to determine which partners could bring value if we assign them to run with an account.
- Work with Channel Managers to team on call campaigns and quotes for RFQs through distribution.
- Manage Reseller relationships: Quoting, Lead generation, Renewals, Product and price list updates.
Senior Inside Sales Representative
The Senior Inside Sales Representative is a grade 7.
- One year of successful account management related to closed sales results with GitLab Public Sector clients.
- One year of successful account management at Gitlab with regards to call, deal and other metrics (e.g. managing tasks in SalesForce).
- Ability and willingness to mentor less experienced PubSec team members.
As with all roles in the Sales Department the Public Sector Inside Account Representative participates in the Sales KPIs.
The next steps for the Inside Sales Representative Job Family would be to move to the Strategic Account Leader Job Family.
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find their job title on our team page.
- Qualified candidates receive a short questionnaire from our Global Recruiters
- What would differentiate you and make you a great account executive for GitLab?
- What is your knowledge of the space that GitLab is in? (i.e. Industry Trends)
- How do you see the developer tools changing over the coming years from a sales perspective? (i.e. Competitive Positioning, Customer Needs, etc)
- Selected candidates will be invited to schedule a screening call with our Global Recruiters
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a first interview with Federal Sales Director
- Candidates will be invited to schedule a second interview with our CRO
- Finally, candidates will interview with our CEO
- Successful candidates will subsequently be made an offer via email
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is
a community project to which over 2,200 people worldwide have contributed.
We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs
and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can
contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative
work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom,
efficiency, self-learning, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, inclusion and belonging,
boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality,
work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our
primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of
life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan
the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head
office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and
can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released
as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and
don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured
we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks
like? Check out our remote manifesto and guides.