The Technical Enablement Program Manager is responsible for leading and managing technical learning programs for GitLab technical sales and customer success professionals (Solution Architects and Technical Account Managers) across the technical sales professional lifecycle.
Senior Technical Enablement Program Manager
The Senior Technical Enablement Program Manager reports to the Manager, Field Enablement Programs.
Senior Technical Enablement Program Manager Job Grade
The Senior Technical Enablement Program Manager is a grade 7.
Senior Technical Enablement Program Manager Responsbilities
- Works quickly and iteratively on projects with very limited direction from others
- Viewed as a subject matter expert and trusted advisor by the sales organization and key stakeholders
- Collaborate regularly with Customer Success leadership on enablement plans
- Innovates and continually improves the delivery of world-class sales enablement programs
- Regularly shares best practices and provides constructive coaching and feedback to other members of the team
- With comprehensive knowledge of the GitLab platform and associated technologies, educate team members on the value proposition of GitLab while participating in discussions throughout the organization to ensure successful GitLab deployment.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of the entire GitLab application.
- Continuously improve your professional skills with a focus on personal mastery and team learning.
- Work cross-departmentally to find solutions to complex scenarios and integration issues.
- Propose improvements and innovation for customer calls and product demonstrations based on current market trends.
Senior Technical Enablement Program Manager Requirements
- 5+ years experience in a software sales or sales enablement role, preferably with expertise in DevOps and/or Open Source
- Self-manages workload to meet deadlines and prioritize accordingly
- Proven experience building and managing successful sales enablement programs for B2B enterprise sales professionals
- Technical presentation and communication skills
- Experience with technical pre-sales/ post sales or as a professional in the field of information technology a plus
- Knowledge of the end-to-end software development lifecycle
- Understanding of continuous integration and continuous deployment
- Experience with modern software development or operations and their associated technologies
- Ability to use GitLab and willing to work with Git and GitLab whenever possible
- Detailed oriented and analytical
- Strong team player but a self-starter
- Project management experience & skills
- Strong technical, analytic, and problem-solving skills
The next steps for the Technical Enablement Program Manager Job Family would be to move to the Field Enablement Leadership Job Family.
Applicants for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that applicants can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find their job title on our team page.
- Selected candidates will be invited to schedule a 30min screening call with one of our Global Recruiters
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a first interview with the Hiring Manager
- Next, candidates will be invited to interview with 2-5 team members
- There may be a final executive interview
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is
a community project to which over 2,200 people worldwide have contributed.
We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs
and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can
contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative
work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom,
efficiency, self-learning, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, inclusion and belonging,
boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality,
work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our
primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of
life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan
the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head
office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and
can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released
as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and
don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured
we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks
like? Check out our remote manifesto and guides.