At GitLab, we are fundamentally changing the way our customers get their software to market by putting the entire DevOps lifecycle into a single application. With over 100,000 organizations using the product GitLab is one of the fastest growing companies in technology. Our channel teams are responsible for building, enabling, supporting and driving revenue with SIs, VARs, VADs, and DMRs. Our channel partners deliver both sales and professional services to our joint customers. Together, we make our customers successful in achieving their business outcomes with the GitLab product as they move to truly modern DevOps. We know that our customers trust GitLab to take their ideas all the way from plan to shipped product in production. we take that responsibility seriously and are building a worldwide partner program with like-minded partners. We have an incredible existing, and rapidly growing, customer base, with a passionate, supportive open-source community and incredibly talented teams located in 40 countries focused on supporting them.
GitLab's Vice President, Global Channels, is an experienced leader who is at the forefront of our global channel team and programs. The VP of Global Channels is responsible for bringing their strategic vision and innovative approach to build a multi-tier global channel program to support a seamless go-to-market with our high-touch sales organization and customer success team. Reporting to the Chief Revenue Officer, the VP of Global Channels plays a key role in driving leads, new and expansion revenue, service delivery, customer results, and market expansion by building an ecosystem of partners and programs that deliver massive value to our customers and to GitLab.
- Determine partner strategy to build and grow GitLab’s presence across all key market segments and regions to achieve business targets.
- Recruit, onboard and develop committed, loyal, scalable resellers regionally. Gather market data and identify untapped market potential.
- Continually assess, clarify, and validate partner needs. Track, measure and report-out on channel effectiveness against targets, and adjust programs and strategies as necessary.
- Understand our partners’ businesses, and develop strategies and incentives to make them more profitable through our partnership.
- Work cross-functionally internally to ensure messaging alignment, operational coordination and evangelization of partner strategy.
- Partner with marketing to ensure the execution of programs and events to drive channel leads, pipeline and deal progression. Develop joint messaging and value propositions that highlight mutually beneficial relationship and value to end customer, along with repeatable sales enablement programs and toolkits.
- Coordinate and conduct sales and technical training for partners.
- Balance our internal services team for quality and program development with external partners for service delivery and scale
- 10+ years of progressive channel leadership experience globally within the software devops industry.
- Experience building and managing channel programs in multiple regions around the world (Americas, EMEA, APAC, US Public Sector)
- Demonstrable track record of success in worldwide channels strategic planning, owning sales targets and managing sales forecast.
- Experience in a high-growth company. Strong ability to interact and influence effectively with C-level executives and team members
- Record of recruiting and enabling top talent.
- Ability to quickly understand technical concepts and explain them to audiences of varying technical expertise.
- High caliber, dynamic personality.
- Excellent time management and written/verbal communication skills.
- Ability to travel globally as needed
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
- Leadership at GitLab
- Ability to use GitLab
As with all roles in the Sales Department the VP of Global Channels participates in the Sales KPIs.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is
a community project to which over 2,200 people worldwide have contributed.
We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs
and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can
contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative
work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom,
efficiency, self-learning, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, inclusion and belonging,
boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality,
work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our
primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of
life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan
the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head
office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and
can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released
as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and
don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured
we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks
like? Check out our remote manifesto and guides.