At GitLab, we believe that every student can contribute! The GitLab for Education Program provides the top tiers of GitLab (Gold or Ultimate) for free to qualifying educational institutions around the globe.
- In order to qualify, educational institutions must be accredited and non-profit. (see more details)
- The GitLab Education license can only be used for instructional-use or non-commercial academic research. IT professional use and/or use for institutional administration is not permitted under the educational license.
- Only faculty or staff employed full-time at an educational institution can apply. We are not able to issue licenses to students directly.
- Applicants must apply with the email domain of their representative institution. Please do not use personal email domains.
- The license is renewed annually.
- The number of seats and type of license (Gold or Ultimate) can be changed at the time of renewal or upon request.
- Support is not included with the educational license but it is available to education program members at a discount for $4.95 per seat per month (95% off list price).
- 50k CI runner minutes are included with the subscription. (Additional minutes must be purchased).
- If you have any additional questions regarding this program, feel free to reach us at email@example.com.
- Fill out the application form. Please provide the most accurate and complete information as possible when filling out the form including a complete billing address with street number, street name, and zipcode.
- Please indicate how the license will be used in the Educational Use Case field (see our definitions). Please include any additional details on how the license will be used in the Educational Use Case Notes field. This information will help us determine if the application will be accepted.
- Allow 5 business days for turn-around time.
- Upon acceptance, applicants will receive a quote via email with our (End User Liscense Agreement) to be signed by an authorized institutional representative.
- Return the signed quote to us.
- Receive the license key (for Ultimate via our (Customer Portal)) or GitLab Group authentication instructions (for Gold via email).
- Please reach out to us via firstname.lastname@example.org approximately one month before your license expires.
- Provide the number of seats needed for the renewal and any other changes to your account such as type of license or primary contact.
- Provide details on the use case for the educational license.
- Please allow 5 business days for turn-around time.