GitLab exists today in large part thanks to the work of hundreds of thousands of open source contributors around the world. To give back to this community, we want to help teams be more efficient, secure, and productive by allowing them to use as many of the GitLab capabilities.
- You must have an existing GitLab project with an OSI-approved open source license
- Your project must not seek to make a profit from the resulting project software
- Free GitLab Ultimate and Gold accounts do not include support. However, you can purchase support for 95% off, at $4.95 per user per month.
- The number of seats is the number of different users that will use this license in the next year.
- These licenses need to be renewed annually.
- If you have any other questions regarding this program, feel free to reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Create a gitlab.com account if you do not have one already
- Create a fork of this project
- Edit the oss_projects.yml file to add an entry for your project
- Commit the changes to your fork and submit a new Merge Request against this project
- Submit the application form - if you don't see the form, try temporarily disabling ad blockers or use another browser.
- Sign the quote that you'll receive shortly
- Accept the EULA that will be sent to your email
- Receive the license key (for Ultimate) or further instructions (for Gold)